This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Enforced absence

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I couldn't get online after my modem failed around 3pm yesterday. smiley - sorry

Bob shipped his old (pre-fibre) modem over to me this afternoon, and I've just this second got it all configured. smiley - geek If it works well, I'll make him an offer for it, and keep the Chinese one I've got on order as a spare. smiley - smiley

Yesterday started out as a day of "Battlestar Galactica". Unfortunately the first four episodes I watched on Netflix proved too much for my ailing modem and it overheated, never to reconnect. smiley - brave

Later in the evening, I watched "Stargate SG-1", "Doc Martin" and "Under the Dome". smiley - cdouble

If this posts, it'll mean I'm properly back online. Thanks, Bob! smiley - cool

Enforced absence

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I can see you... So it looks like you are back! smiley - ok

lil x

Enforced absence

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Indeed. smiley - cool

Enforced absence

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Listen Peet, I've got a Belkin router but it's configured for a SA telkom socket ... any use to you, it's yours.

Enforced absence

Post 5

Cheers, Dags, but things are OK for the moment. I plan to buy this one from Bob (he can't use it any more since he got Fibre Broadband) and keep the Chinese one I ordered at the weekend for a spare. smiley - geeksmiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more