This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

An ill-advised meal.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I was feeling a bit "iffy" for much of the morning, and didn't really pull myself together until a visit from James "the Weird Person" about ten past three forced me to get up to make him coffee. smiley - sleepy

He stayed for tea, and I cooked him a pizza. smiley - chef

Later on, I felt hungry. I had an opened pack of "Everyday Value Vegetable Grills" in the freezer, but they looked a bit unappetising - basically mashed potato and swede with peas and sweetcorn squished through it, formed into thin burger-size pattys. I found a packet of batter mix and made up some batter to coat them in... I covered one side in batter, left it a few seconds to thicken and then flipped them on a non-stick baking tray before pouring batter over the rest, then I baked the three of them for 25 minutes. smiley - chef

The plan was to put a couple of them in a bun and stick the third into the fridge to reheat tomorrow. smiley - drool But I had drastically misjudged the behaviour of the batter... smiley - facepalm

What came out was a single solid slab of crispy batter that was only soft in the three "bulges" where the vegetable grill was underneath. Oh, and it was all well stuck to the non-stick surface. smiley - doh Eventually I scraped it all up into a heap and deposited it on a plate, then poured the last of the batter in a thin layer over the top before re-cooking it all in the microwave. What came out had the look of a light-brown cow pat and the consistency of silicon rubber cement. smiley - wah

But I still ate it. smiley - evilgrin It took a good slosh of soy sauce to make it taste remotely "nice", though, and now I feel vary full. smiley - erm

I watched "Stargate SG-1", "Jonathan Creek", "QI", "Hemlock Grove" and "Battlestar Galactica". smiley - cdouble

Oh, and I had a couple of deliveries... smiley - giftsmiley - coolsmiley - gift

First, as I was getting up, the "Box of Crap" arrived. This one was more inteersting than the last - for example, I got a half-dozen £hard shell" cases for the iPod Nano - but much of it was crap, as advertised. At least I'll never run short of pension card wallets... smiley - laugh

And my Toshiba B10 camcorder arrived from Amazon Warehouse. Reduced from £95 to £24 because the original packaging was missing... I thought they had also lost the manual (at least, that's what the description suggested) but no, the manual was all present and correct, as were the power supply, data and video leads, battery and software disc. smiley - wowsmiley - coolsmiley - ok It's *very* cute. Oh, and it even came with a mini-tripod! smiley - biggrin

An ill-advised meal.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Excellent, the camcorder was a good result.

Enjoy Saturday.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more