This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

The Gas Man Cometh; I'm knackered.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

After half a day of furniture shifting to let the Gas Man in for half an hour, I've spent another several hours getting things back to close to "normal"/ smiley - puff

Grambo did one of his spectacularly ill-timed visits just after mid-day, but as I'd just piled up all the living room furniture I didn't let him across the threshold. It's his own fault for just randomly showing up without calling ahead to check I would be "receiving visitors". smiley - cross

The Gas Man came and went, and my fire/boiler got serviced. Then, about 45 minutes later, another Gas Man showed up to read my meter. Typical - you wait all year then two come along at once. smiley - laugh

I watched "Stargate SG-1", "Futurama" and "The Bridge USA". smiley - cdouble I'll probably watch some other US show before I head to bed, but I haven't decided which yet. smiley - pirate

The Gas Man Cometh; I'm knackered.

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I went on to watch "Covert Affairs" and "Body of Proof". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more