This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Groan.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

The day was nonedescript. I alternated between sweating in front of the computer, achieving nothing, and lying on top of the bed in a puddle of sweat. smiley - puff

I'm half an inch from finishing my Stephen Donaldson book. I'd have finished it before teatime, but as I got settled down and "into" it there was a knock at the door... smiley - cross It was James "the Weird Person" wanting to use my computer to pay for a booking in a German hostel. This took him just over 45 minutes. smiley - geeksmiley - yawn

I just watched "House"... Most amusing. smiley - smiley

I'm off to try to finish the book now. I had underestimated how much my eyesight was holding me back - when the last book came my way about ten years ago, it took me just over four days to read it. This one is the same size, and has taken well over four weeks. smiley - brave

Groan.

Post 2

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

Hi Peet mate, my day was rather nondescript too. smiley - smiley

Groan.

Post 3

sue_green

Peet,

Here's a CSI Viral Video:

http://mirror.sam-hosting.co.il/csifunny.mov

Douglas

Groan.

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Downloading it now... smiley - run

Groan.

Post 5

smiley - runsmiley - puff

It was OK, but nowhere near as funny as CSI itself... smiley - winkeye

Groan.

Post 6

Bonsie

This is so sad. I'd go mad if I couldn't see well enough to read with ease. Do you / can you get the Donaldson books in the large print editions?

Groan.

Post 7

It's a nice idea, Bonsie, but have you *seen* the size of them, even in "normal" print...? In large-print I wouldn't be able to lift them! smiley - laugh

I got to the end, btw, and found a "Continued in book 2..." message. smiley - headhurts When I originally bought it, I checked Amazon and convinced myself it was all in one book, but now I find that it's the first in a trilogy, and the reason nothing appeared in the Amazon search was that the other two haven't been published yet. smiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post