This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Food, glorious food!

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I headed out today around lunchtime. First, I made it over to the "Positive Thinking Group". I say group, but actually there was only one guy there when I arrived. I just wanted a list of upcoming events, but he latched onto me and basically wouldn't let me get a word in until I'd missed my smiley - bus. smiley - headhurts

Because I missed the smiley - bus (by about five seconds as it happens; that's how far away from the bus stop I was when it whizzed past... smiley - grr) I had to stand in the bus shelter for 20 minutes, which would have been fine had a smoker not joined the queue about five minutes into it. smiley - steamsmiley - yuk

I got off the bus and headed to a cash machine. (I had £40 on me, but needed another £10 to pay off my back rent...) It ate my card, telling me it had expired*. smiley - blue I paid £40 worth of the back rent, and headed onwards to Iceland, with my Debit Card.

I bought just over £30 worth of goodies, including 100 sausage rolls, 100 fish fingers, 50 scampi fries, 50 chicken nuggets etc. Basically, meat and fish - I had far too much potato and veg. to use up. smiley - chefsmiley - ok

I arranged for it to be delivered and headed for home. On the way back I bumped into my pal Jamie, who I haven't seen in years. I gave him my latest business card and arranged for him to pay a visit to see the finale of "Enterprise" sometime in the next couple of days. smiley - aliensmile

I got home, the food arrived, I packed most of it away and cooked up two packs of pork'n'pepper kebabs with a cupfull of couscous to soak up the juices. smiley - drool

Once I'd eaten, I had a bit of a lie-down; it'd been a long day and I was feeling bloated. (I had to cook up both packs; they were "use by today" products) When I woke up I was shivering. I put on the heating and huddled on the couch, but when I went to change the radio channel an hour later I found I couldn't guide my trembling finger onto the button, and realised that I wasn't cold, but hypoglycaemic. smiley - boing I drank a couple of glasses of Pepsi, and it all settled down. smiley - ermsmiley - nurse

I watched "The Bill" and "House"; both were excellent, but they ruined the end of "House" with a pointless segment of plinky piano music and plaintive soprano that ruined the "feel" of the show.

I've got a sore neck, so I think I'll take an ibuprofen and make an early night of it. smiley - yawn

(*I assumed I'd taken the old card out with me, but I just found the previous card which, apparently, doesn't expire for another couple of weeks. I wish they'd just send out the cards two weeks in advance, rather than two months. smiley - cross)

Food, glorious food!

Post 2

Tefkat

I dudn;t notice the plinky piano music and plaintive soprano /

Enjoyed the show.

Food, glorious food!

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It was over the lacrosse game at the end, and the ensuing "character standing alone on the pitch" sequence.

Food, glorious food!

Post 4

Tefkat

Ah/ i was too busy looking at his designer stubble and the tiny scar in hus cheek - and windering why ge lifted his stick like that/

Food, glorious food!

Post 5

I think he was imagining being a lacrosse player. Or, he'd just stood it in some dogs*it... smiley - winkeye

Food, glorious food!

Post 6

Tefkat

smiley - laugh

Food, glorious food!

Post 7

Tefkat

i was waiting for him to fall over

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more