This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Murky weather...

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It's been a sh*tty day, weather-wise. Clouds, wind, rain. smiley - blue

I needed to see Bob, so I had to go out. I spoke to Chris on the 'phone briefly before I left; we arranged to meet up on Wednesday evening to try to make some progress on the various outstanding websites.

About midday I headed round to Bob's. We talked, we hacked (in the nicest possible way) and we snacked. About 6:30 I headed onwards to Grambo's, having been assured he was going to be in all night, and told not to arrive before 6pm, to set up his FTP client. I got to Grambo's, and he spent half an hour showing off his new coffee machine. Finally, I got through my coffee and sat down in front of the computer, but about five minutes into the process he started hopping up and down saying he had to leave for a pub quiz in fifteen minutes. smiley - grr Then, as I tried desperately to download FTP clients and configure them, he started bleating smiley - sheep on about "I could leave the keys with you and you can lock up..." smiley - steam I phoned him in the morning and got his assurance he'd be staying in tonight precisely to avoid this kind of irritation. smiley - grrsmiley - cross Anyway, I had about eight attempts at connecting (failed) and gave up in disgust until *another* day... smiley - headhurts

I headed for home; two buses, with a 35 minute wait for the second one. smiley - blue I was just p*ssed off in the extreme by the time I got home, and stopped off in the corner shop for "...A half-bottle of your cheapest and nastiest Vodka, please..." and a big bottle of Coke. I'm about halfway through the Vodka at the moment, and waiting for "Alias" to come on. smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrink

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more