This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Out and about again

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I phoned 24/7 Electrical today. They said that my digibox was on its way to me direct from Humax; I asked them to tell me the shipping number. The girl said she would leave it on my answering machine. She didn't. Basically, I don't believe them.smiley - grr

I have a medical appointment tomorrow morning; when I get home I'll phone them again and basically ream their @ss out if they don't get me a working digibox by Wednesday. smiley - grrsmiley - grr

This morning, once the 'phone call was out of the way, I headed round to Grambo's. I looked at his machine; it was showing all the symptoms of a memory fault. Basically, when his motherboard battery died, the machine defaulted to the slowest possible settings, and worked reasonably well at that speed. On replacing the battery, we (OK, "I" smiley - geeksmiley - blush) turned it back up to an 1800+, as it should have been. At that speed, his RAM fails. smiley - sadface Worse, it transpires that he has a single 512MB stick in there - I had been counting on being able to swap out half of it. smiley - blue But, I only found this out about an hour ago.

From Grambo's, I headed round to Bob's where I spent pretty much the whole afternoon communing with him over some PHP scripts. (Apart from the half hour or so I fell asleep in his armchair... smiley - yawn)

Next, I headed round to Alan and Hazel's, where much smiley - ale and smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - stiffdrink were consumed. George, Martin, Fiona, Richard, Jessica, Doug and Sue were also present... smiley - bigeyes

I'm watching "Alias", then I need to crash. smiley - sleepy

Out and about again

Post 2

sue_green

Yon 'extra large' whisky you were chugging away at would have paralysed a camel. You're doing well if you can still typpe...

Out and about again

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Granted, it was large, but about 20% of that was water... smiley - biggrin

Out and about again

Post 4

DruglessBrain

Ah, I think you must mean that the volume of liquid in the glass had been increased upon by 20% of the original volume by means of the addition of water over and above the water content of the whisky...

Otherwise, you'd have been drinking whisky with an ABV of approaching 80%.

(heh heh heh)

smiley - biggrin

Douglas

Out and about again

Post 5

Indeed. smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more