This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Oi Vey!

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'm watching "Shanghai Noon" - superb movie!

A group of formally dressed Chinese get off a stagecoach... A woman comments "They ain't like no Injuns I ever saw". The stagecoach driver replies "Naw, they ain't Injuns; they's Jews." smiley - laugh

It's been an OK day. I had a visit from Doug at lunchtime; we imbibed much smiley - coffee and talked much nonesense, then just before Doug left George turned up with a bag of DVDs. The TV's been good, with "Doctor Who" and an exceptional "Buffy", plus "CSI: NY". But "Shanghai Noon" has to be the funniest thing I've seen in weeks. smiley - roflsmiley - ok

My copy of "Defensive Design for the Web" arrived today; I've only skimmed it, but it seems to talk a lot of sense. There are a lot of screengrabs, flagged with "Thumbs up" or "Thumbs down", depending on how user-friendly the error message depicted is. The best "bad" message I've spotted so far was a pop-up from Network Solutions (the domain name people) sating "You need to enter a period with the TLD". smiley - geeksmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more