This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Soporiphic

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It's been an odd day. Possibly as a result of the fairly active weekend, combined with the bottle of "Fortified Wine" (smiley - sorry, Martine! smiley - blush) I kept falling asleep. I figure if I add it all up, I slept for three hours today when, well, frankly I shouldn't have. smiley - yawn

I spent much of the morning trying to phone 24/7 Electrical, to enquire about the whereabouts of my Humax box that they took away for repair three weeks ago. It was 10:25, and I was still getting the "I'm sorry, all our phone lines are closed" recording when I realised today was an English Bank Holiday. smiley - wah

I had a visit from Grambo; I got him to drop the Doctor Who DVD into the post for Dagesh, in return for a mug of smiley - coffee and a sympathetic ear. smiley - cheerup He says he's in a lot of pain, and it's got *worse* since he started attending a chiropractor. smiley - doctorsmiley - injured (On the pain front, I'm currently dozed up on industrial-strength Ibuprofen, and ready for anything! smiley - boing)

Things are looking up on the web design front; I was having a lot of trouble getting "Sugar CRM 3.0" to run on Chris's webspace, but then Bob came up with the excellently lateral suggestion of just trying an older version. smiley - evilgrin Sugar v2.51 is now up and running, and Bob's off to see how we can scre... I mean "upgrade" it.

Coincidentally, Chris phoned me as we were doing this, the first contact I've had from him in a month! It transpires that his email account had somehow become "blacklisted", and everything he'd been mailing me got swallowed by some ISP's SPAM filter on the way, thus never arriving. smiley - geeksmiley - headhurts However, as he sent me two emails while we were on the 'phone, it all seems to be sorted out now. smiley - ok

One of the emails contained "source images" for one of his other websites. As soon as I post this I'm off to play with them, with a view to having something pretty to upload in the morning. smiley - artist I've got an hour and a half till "Alias" comes on... smiley - bigeyes

Soporiphic

Post 2

Bex (mustard)

Peet, has Sue/Douglas emailed you about a poster in ML?

Apparently if you go back 20 pages in the Sofa, there's more to be seen. I personally couldn't be bothered, but someone else has.

Soporiphic

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Is that "Karen Richardson"? As I said to somebody else, she(?) sounds genuinely depressed, and whether or not she(?) talks to herself(?) I can spare a cyber-hug. She's not doing much harm...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more