This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

[Insert "Crazy Frog" noise here]

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I got up early-ish (8am), tinkered with the computer, headed over to the "Mental Health User Network" and checked out their computer system about 10:15, headed to COGS' premises and spent the rest of the morning cleaning ink from inside an HP colo(u)r copier. About 12:30 I gave up and washed my hands which, by that point, were a fetching shade of deep blue-green.

I paid Mike the upholsterer a visit (he stood me a pie and a smiley - coffee... smiley - ok) and then dragged myself home where I had an hour's nap. smiley - yawn

I got up and tinkered with the computer some more, interrupted occasionally by Graeme (not Graham) calling repeatedly for CSS advice. I copied all of "The Farm" (well, the synopses anyway) onto "real" DVDs and packaged them up to pass on to Doug at the restaurant tomorrow.

Other than that, I watched Scrubs, Will & Grace, The Last Detective and Have I Got News for You?... I'm off to bed now to read some more of Thomas Covenant (I managed half a chapter earlier...smiley - book)

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

When we meet tonight, I'm going to ask you what it is with you and the American spellings of words like "colour"!

See ya later...smiley - biggrin

Post 3

DruglessBrain

Let me hazard a guess, Richard...

The printer is a HP color printer - that's what it'll say on the box or casing.

Please note peet's full hooto user name...

Peet will have used the spelling used on the box or casing, and then insterted his own (u) in order to live up to his name.

This is only a guess, but there's 25 years experience behind it.

Douglas

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It's a pretty accurate guess. smiley - ok

HP print different logos on the corner of the printer for each country, translating "color" into their language - except for the UK, where they don't bother. I don't know if it's ignorance or arrogance, but I couldn't let it pass without comment. smiley - grr

I'm looking forward to tonight... smiley - chefsmiley - droolsmiley - cheers

Post 5

Re: the Subject,

http://hem.bredband.net/privaten/pics/frog.swf

smiley - laughsmiley - blush

Post 6

martine_s

You're right Peet, standards must be upheld.

But I wabt to put a claim of prior ownership (Douglas?) to the "Crazy Frog" brand name.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more