This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

There and back again.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I feel ashamed; I've spent lots of money just because I had the credit. smiley - 2centssmiley - blue

Right, now I've got that out of the way, I'll tell you all about the goodies I bought... smiley - evilgrin

Not one, not two but *three* web design books from Amazon! I was lacking in inspiration, and these will make a good substitute. smiley - artistsmiley - geek

From Maplin, just the one item, but it was an expensive one. Well, £49.95, anyway... It's a DivX-compliant DVD player, that plays DivX and XVid movies downloaded from the web, and with a bit of high-class connectivity to my DVD Recorder should allow me to transfer them on to real DVDs as required. smiley - cool (I only went there to get the new lightbulb tested as it wouldn't work in my lamp - more later*)

From Poundstretcher, a more modest investment - a pack of generic lem-sips and a bottle of mouthwash at 99p each. smiley - silly

(*I had a go at fixing the lamp, but I couldn't get it to work. So, I thought laterally and fixed the bulb instead, building up a rim of solder at the edge of the screw and using the soldering iron to flatten off the "bump" at the bottom, thus making a better connection. It works now. smiley - geeksmiley - ok)

I saw the end of "The Farm". Wonderful. (Not revealing the end because I know Doug reads this... smiley - evilgrin I need to get up early tomorrow and copy it onto real DVDs to pass on to him.)

Tomorrow night, I'm heading back to the Chinese restaurant we went to for the last Binge, with Doug and Sue, to meet Dagesh from the Archers BBS. smiley - chefsmiley - droolsmiley - ok

There and back again.

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Well, since it was after midnight I was technically correct with the "Tomorrow Night"... It's actually Saturday night we're all meeting up. smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more