This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Yawnnnnn

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I haven't felt too good today. smiley - ill

I felt "rough" all morning; I had a bad case of the shivers. smiley - brr

After lunchtime I headed over to the COGS premises; the walk perked me up a little, and I managed to get some work done on one of Chris's websites. About 3:30, Bob arrived and we discussed database structures.

We also had a go at getting one of the old Macs up and running to try out our SCSI scanner. smiley - geek We tried with two different monitors; it makes the right startup noises, but nothing on the screen. It's either the video card or the dead battery has sent it into an undisplayable screen mode. Either way, we had to leave it for another time. I needed to get home to hear "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy". smiley - smiley

I listened to that, and "The Archers", then I found myself shivering uncontrollably again and had to lie under the quiltt for 45 minutes or so. smiley - brr I got up, then put the heating on in the living room. The shivering went away, to be replaced by sniffling and sneezing. smiley - blue

I'm feeling a bit better now; I've been eating my way through a mountain of cous-cous and hot-dogs... smiley - chef I've watched "CSI" and "The Farm" and now I'm watching "The District" before bedtime. smiley - yawn

Yawnnnnn

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Sorry you weren't feeling up to scratch today.

Hitchhiker's Guide was very good this evening, don't you think? I loved Jackie Mason as the New York pond-life. (Big fan of Jackie Mason.) And Stephen Fry was fun, as well. I would quite like to have that episode on CD as I enjoyed it so much (I am a bit of an old romantic and I liked the fact that Arthur Dent hit it off with his gf, as well). I'm sure the BBC will release the latest series on CD. smiley - ok

Yawnnnnn

Post 3

Bonsie

Sounds grim, Peet.

Hope it's just a cold, and not part of an on-going condition.

I always record H2G2 as an MP3, so if you miss it, give me a yell.

Yawnnnnn

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Cheers, Bonsie!

I'm diabetic, so my immune system is slightly compromised, hence the large number of colds etc. I suffer.

It's not as bad as it sounds, but some days I never get a chance to talk to another living soul and so I bleat and kvetch on here to get it out of my system. smiley - biggrin

Yawnnnnn

Post 5

Bonsie

Bummer, Peet.

I guess that explains the problem with your eyes you mentioned recently. I thought you might have had elective laser surgery for whichever sightedness (I can never remember which is which) they can fix like that these days. But I didn't like to ask, especially if it was botched elective surgery and you were kicking yourself for having it done.

If I was ever up your way, I'd be sure to get in touch. It's unlikely, though, as you're not exactly en route to anywhere - travelling to the Isle of Mull from where I live now doesn't bring me even close to Aberdeen.

All the best,
Bonsie

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more