This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Garlic ahoy!

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

The morning started badly; I was all settled down toi watch "The Practice" when the signal vanished! It wasn't my TV card, because all the other channels were working; ITV3 just dropped off the air about ten seconds before it was due to start. smiley - headhurtssmiley - wah I was particularly looking forward to this episode, too - CBS President Les Moonves was cameoing as himself, taken hostage by Andy McDowell and being meanaced by a cannon on live Tv... smiley - yikes

My plan was to watch that, then head round to the COGS premises for the rest of the day. Fortunately, it was repeated after lunchtime, so I headed out straight away instead and got the Linux PC installed. I couldn't get the sound working, though, and I had to be home for 2:40 to catch the repeat... smiley - run

After The Practice (great episode; well worth the effort!) I downloaded some more CRM packages to try out for Chris's portal site. I had a surprise visit from Grambo, who basically was looking for any excuse to kvetch about a woman who'd been giving him grief at the place where he volunteers, the price of a half hour session with his chiropractor and generally anything that came into his mind. I fed him lots of smiley - coffee and tried to let it all wash over me... smiley - whistle

Once I'd got rid of Grambo, I grabbed a bite of supper, made a tub of really strong garlic butter and had a lie-down for an hour or so. smiley - zzz Then, I got back into auditioning CRM systems. smiley - yawn I watched "The Farm" and "ER" (it wasn't easy!) and now I'm waiting for "Alias" to come on. smiley - smiley

Garlic ahoy!

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

You didn't fancy "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall? That was a very good movie which I have on DVD (which is why I'm not watching it now). I saw it only a few months ago. smiley - cool

Garlic ahoy!

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Nah, I've seen it. "Alias" was excellent... smiley - smiley

I'm off to bed now, to fart garlicky farts under the duvet... smiley - yuksmiley - laughsmiley - sleepy

Garlic ahoy!

Post 4

annie_cambridge

Umm ... I hesitate to ask, but what did you *do* with the garlic butter? Presumably it entered your system in some way (to result in the - ahem - activity under the duvet), but did you spread it on something, eat it with a spoon, or what?
smiley - bigeyessmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more