This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

An odd day; I'm not sure where it went.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'm still waiting for this machine to restart. smiley - blue

I spent much of the day searching for missing bank documents, intersperced by copying archived MP3s back onto both this machine and the new Linux box. smiley - whistle

My TV watching has been a little "heavy"... Doctor Who was a real tear-jerker, and I saw the last episode of "Enterprise", which was really emotional too. smiley - wahsmiley - brave On the subject of Doctor Who, I was dismayed to discover that last week's episode had "evaporated" - I put in the DVD+RW I recorded it on, and it came up "Blank". smiley - sadface I played it last week to check it had recorded OK, and all was well then. smiley - huh

The Linux machine is working fine; I ran it for 24 hours without problems. I'll move it over to the COGS premises tomorrow, with George's help. smiley - geek

I still have an episode of "The Farm" to watch tomorrow, but after that (and the trip to the premises) I plan to do some serious work on Chris's websites. I have a good mental image of what I'm going to do, but I need to put it down on paper. smiley - ermsmiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more