This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Not a great day.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'm tired, I have a stuffy nose and a sore throat. smiley - ill

Other than that, I'm fine. smiley - silly

I managed to make a start on the "Thomas Covenant" book; it's easier going than I expected. I also made some very minor progress on Chris's websites.

Andy dropped by; I returned his video cards and USB cable. I had a half-hour frenzy of button-pushing, cursing and rewiring, managing to record "Doctor Who" off Terrestrial TV with less than a second to spare. smiley - puff Andy and I watched it on the computer from the Digital tuner, followed by "Doctor Who Confidential" on BBC3.

Once Andy had gone home, I watched CSI:NY, cooked a snack and then watched "The Body". (Still watching it, actually...) Antonio Banderas plays an ex-Special Forces Franciscan priest sent on a special mission to... Oh, never mind. It's jolly hocum that takes itself just a little too seriously. At the moment, Derek Jacobi is overacting magnificently. smiley - laugh

Not a great day.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Hi Peet. Sorry to hear you're feeling below par.smiley - sadface Hopefully a good night's sleep will cure that. You should take a couple of aspirin before you go to bed.smiley - doctor

Just wondering whether you managed to get that new computer working yet? Was the problem with the video card?smiley - geek

Not a great day.

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Nope, I ruled that out last night. The RAM is the next most likely suspect; I entered into negotiations with Andy for another motherboard that would let me use some alternative RAM I have lying around. smiley - geek

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more