This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Didn't I post yesterday?

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Hmmm. I must be getting forgetful. No excuses, slapped wrists. smiley - sadface

Yesterday, I spent the majority of the daylight hours sitting around, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for Bob to arrive. The journal entry would probably have been named "Waiting for Bob-o"... He was going to turn up sometime between 10am and midday; I finally got him on the phone about five to four, whereupon he admitted he'd been drinking the night before and had slept in till after 2:30... smiley - steam The rest of the day was a write-off, because it had all been planned on the assumption that I would make it out of the house by 1:30 and have an all-day bus ticket. Bob has arranged to come round on Sunday, all day, so we can get this smiley - bleep website up and running.

Today, I *did* buy an all-day bus ticket, and managed to do most of the stuff I'd been planning for yesterday.

I went round to Grim's to look at the problems he said he was having with his computer... His error report was "There are windows and thingies popping up all the time stopping me from doing anything". I brought a CD full of anti-spyware tools. The fault...? He'd laid his computer on top of his mouse cable. It had a cheap case and no plastic feet, so it cut into the cable and gave him random mouse clicks. smiley - headhurts There were 104 pieces of spyware there too, but they weren't immediately obvious, and had nothing to do with the symptoms.

Next, I visited my pal Mike E. to return a DVD he'd lent me some months back, and drop off a VCD of David Hyde-Pearce on Letterman. He was having trouble with his scanner, and after about half an hour of reinstalling drivers and swapping USB ports I put it in a carrier bag and headed off to test it at home. smiley - geek

Stopping to pick up Grim on the way back past his house, we headed past my place where I dropped off the scanner, then to Iceland where I ordered a trolleyfull of shopping for home delivery, and thence to Maplin, where he kvetched mightily about being forced to pay £6.49 for a new mouse. We headed off back to our respective homes.

I stuck my head into a couple of computer shops on the way back, then had a cup of smiley - coffee round at Mike the Upholsterer's shop, before returning home and phoning Grim to check on progress. His new mouse was working perfectly (optical, and with a scroll wheel!) so he was happy. smiley - mousesmiley - biggrin

My food arrived and I stuffed 'fridge and freezer to capacity. I still had a chocolate smiley - cake left over, so I set up the PVR to tape The Bill and headed out with the aforementioned smiley - cake to pay George a visit. Several smiley - alesmiley - cheers later I caught a bus home, watched The Bill and typed this crap.

The end. smiley - winkeye

Didn't I post yesterday?

Post 2

DruglessBrain

Sorry for missing you today, but if you check your mail you'll see that I've drafted that document we were discussing. I'll see you tomorrow.

Douglas

Didn't I post yesterday?

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Thanks, Doug - on my way... smiley - run

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more