This is the Message Centre for spiderbaby

Guitar...

Post 1

John R

* Got a new guitar for bithdy last month and bust a string *

Wot you got?

I've got an old copy of a Gibson Hummingbird that I've had for about 30 years.

Cost me £40, but it's better than guitars that are currently selling for £1,000.

John

Guitar...

Post 2

spiderbaby

Erm, not sure what breed it is John. It's a big folk guitar. My son is the expert on makes. It's like cars, designed to get me from A to B, ours is white!!!!!smiley - erm
Oh I am such a girl!
Have been playing for Hurrumphsmiley - sadface years, (37 actually) you'd think I could put a string on without busting it!smiley - wah
How long have you played? Did you have a band?

Ali smiley - ok

Guitar...

Post 3

John R

Been playing since I was 11, so... 39 years! Sheesh.

I piddled about with a couple of bands when I was in my teens, but what actually made me some cash was solo stuff. Used to do pubs, clubs, restaurants etc. Oh... and a fair bit of busking when cash was *really* tight.

Don't play much now. Sad, really.

John

Guitar...

Post 4

spiderbaby

With my new guitar comes a fresh determination to perfect some songs so that I can join in with my son and friends when I go to York later this month. There are several singer songwriters in the bunch of friends up there and I want in on the action!
Singing with him on stage at my party has given me the thirst for more! Always wanted to play bass in a band when I was young. Never achieved it but had a folk band at school.

Tought my son to play when he was eleven and it was one of the best things I ever did as he is now a very accomplished player. (even if he has nicked some of my compositions and recorded them!)
Bet there is a fair sprinkling of musicians on this site.
spidey

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for spiderbaby

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more