This is the Message Centre for Mike McCulloch

'The Toilet Roll Chicken'

Post 1

echomikeromeo

What ho, Mikesmiley - smiley

I'm your friendly neighbourhood UnderGuide Polisher, stopping in to let you know that I'll be polishing your absolutely hilarious little encounter.smiley - biggrin

I've created a new copy of the piece (it's at A7527567). There are a few changes in red; those are the things that, with your approval, I'd like to change. I also would like to introduce some text formatting, bolding the name of the speaking and italicising the stage directions, as you can see in the new copy.

I look forward to hearing back from you with your opinion on the proposed changes. And congratulations on a lovely piece of work!smiley - cheers

EMR

Post 2

Mike McCulloch

Hello EMR

Thanks for your helpful corrections and format changes. I agree with them, apart from the comma on the 3rd line (the man mumbles this sentence all as one) and your change of 'In' to It's in the second to last line. 'In my 'umble opinion' is, or was, a common phrase associated with the working man, and a bit of inverse snobbery that I'd like to keep in. I'd also like to add a bit to the start of the last line, which now reads:

'You may be right. Last week my agent told me that I have sold 100,000 prints of my toilet roll chicken to the general public! It seems they want to emulate the rich...'

Thanks for your help! Please let me know when the new version is ready.
Regards,
Mike

Post 3

echomikeromeo

Check it out again now that I've made those changes, Mike.smiley - smiley

With your approval, I'll change the red text back to black and let the UG editors know that this is finished. Then you'll see it on the Front Page before long!

Post 4

Mike McCulloch

Hi EMR,
I'm happy with the changes now.
Thanks!
Mike

Post 5

echomikeromeo

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mike McCulloch

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more