This is the Message Centre for Foque Ouite

Howdy does and welcome to h2g2!

Post 1

Xian (walking, talking, living...zombie!)

*wanders in*...errrr...s'cuse me I'm looking for...errr...(how embarrassing..I've forgotten your name smiley - yikes)..but anyway its you I'm looking for smiley - biggrin.

What an interesting name you have, may I ask how you came about it? smiley - smiley

Welcome to h2g2, I'm Xian and I'm an <./>ACE</.> (Assistant Community Editor). My job is to go around to greet new user like yourself and help them get started on their massive journey through this 'galaxy'.

Why not sit back, have some smiley - cake and smiley - tea and check out some links below to help you get the best out of h2g2 smiley - ok.

<./>welcome</.> - Click on the link to be welcomed to h2g2 and be briefed as to what it's all about smiley - smiley.
<./>dontpanic-tour</.> - Click on the link to have a tour of h2g2 and find out what you can expect from it.
<./>writing-beginners</.> - If you feel you can contibute to the guide, with an entry about absolutely anything you what to write about then clikc on the link to find out how and get tips smiley - ok.
A719840 - Here you'll find a page of furthermore helpful links and tips, brought to you ny fellow ACE Feisor.
A690518 - Your pesonal space is looking great...think of how much better it could look with coloured text, different font sizes, links to interesting places, pictures ect. Click on the link to find out how you can achieve this.
<./>miscchat</.> - If you feel the need to have a friendly chat about anything you want then why not post in mischat...where loads of other peoplr are awaiting a friendly chat smiley - biggrin.
<./>smilies</.> - A great way to brighten up any piece of text is to use smileys. smiley - modsmiley - bluesmiley - sheepsmiley - bleepsmiley - wahsmiley - grrsmiley - sharksmiley - alesmiley - cakesmiley - xmaspudsmiley - zzz...like these? then click on the link to bring up the full list available and how to get them smiley - ok

Well that's about all you need to know for now. If you have any questions or problems then feel free to talk to me. You can do this by clicking on thee 'reply to this posting' button below or visiting my personal space here... U223448 ... If you have a question in general then why not ask it here... <./>askh2g2</.>.
If you want to put a problem/query/question towards a whole bunch of other ACEs then please pst here... A868098... smiley - ok.

Happy hiking smiley - towel

Xian,
smiley - chick

Post 2

Foque Ouite

thank you for the welcome - what a friendly place this is!
and thanks for the pointers - i am still in the overwhelmed mode, just trying to get my bearings at the mo' but I'm mentally compiling a list of questions and the like.

can't believe it's taken me this long to find my way here anyway, being a near lifelong DNA fan.

Post 3

frenchbean

Hello there!

I'm intrigued by your name too: what's the story?

Well done for getting a discussion going about Brian Blessed so soon after arriving at Hootoo: took me weeks to pluck up the courage and suss out the likely subjects smiley - flustered I shall go and peruse the blessed Brian at my leisure now...

smiley - cheers
F/b

Post 4

Foque Ouite

Hello Frenchbean and thanks!

Not much of a story really - I used to visit a message board where the majority of patrons were white, middle class americans and a bit on the puritanical side. They would take offense at the slightest casual remark of mine and interpret even the tamest profanity as a grave sin on my part and get the moderatators in to edit my posts. In exasperation I changed my user name to Foque Ouite just to irk them after I decided it was time for me to leave (so all my archived posts would remain forever signed so) - but it seemed to go completely over their heads as nobody mentioned it! smiley - sadface Oh well. Since then it just sort of stuck.

Post 5

Foque

My pleasure, yep this place is certainly the most friendly one you'll possibly ever find smiley - smiley. The people on that message board sound....well...smiley - bleep...smiley - laugh. You'll see people from all corners of the world here...and not one of them is nasty smiley - smiley.

Got any questions yet...I feel out of place here...usually every new user bombards me with questions and I spend ages typing a long message...ending up bandaging my fingers smiley - biggrin.

Post 6

Foque Ouite

Hi Xian,

most questions I have had have answered themselves as I've gone along - exept one:

DNA is U42 (like it!) but his space has been edited to be an obituary/report type thing, is his space as he left it still archived somewhere?

Post 7

I'm afraid that I have no knowledge of it being anywhere, it would seem silly to delete it though...why not post that question here ... <./>askh2g2</.> where more people can help you and give you useful DNA links.

If you look at his space U42 and under the section 'Guide enteries' you'll see a list of all his work he done on here smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Foque Ouite

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more