This is the Message Centre for Lochangel

The stress

Post 21

Whisky

I suppose it depends what they were calling blank ammunition... it could theoretically be ammunition with an explosive charge but doesn't actually fire a projectile (which, by the way you can visually tell the difference between that and the real stuff - it hasn't got the bullet on the end) or blank ammunition as in a de-activated bullet (no explosive charge in it - which would look identical to the real stuff.)

The stress

Post 22

Whisky

Oh and as far as "They make us look normal" goes...

Whaddya mean smiley - steam I AM normal....

smiley - erm It's just everyone else in the world that's strange smiley - silly

The stress

Post 23

I'm not really here

I think I prefer my type of mind control...

The stress

Post 24

Sidney Kidney, AKA Gruby Ben, friend of Dirty Den

Mmmmmm, I only caught the last ten mins of the stunt, but I think that was all you really needed to see.

DB can pick-up on the smallest of human behavour. The stuff that we all give off all the time that we all read subconsiously but he knows how to read and interpret the signals. It may be just a widening of the iris, or a shift in gaze, but to DB it is the truth or a lie. Very clever me thinks!

The gun.... Well the double action revolver he used was a big side arm. A shooter with a barrel lenght like the one he used fires a big calibre bullet. When he did fire, the re-coil was far to timid for a live round. It had to be a blank. The blank would have had to be modified as like EV says, the gases up close at temple range would cause serius injury and possibly death. The gun must have been modified to suppress the flash in some way.

Now what would have been clever would have been to use a Semi-automaticsmiley - winkeye

Sid smiley - cool

The stress

Post 25

Lochangel

http://www.seabass7.com/News/ViewStory.cfm?news_id=206

Hilariously, Derren seems to have left a message in the forum at the bottom of the article.

The stress

Post 26

Whisky

Brilliant! And it really does sound like something the _real_ DB might post!

The stress

Post 27

Whisky

smiley - blush

I think I'm going to have to start a campaign for the addition of a Rolf Harris smiley unless my typing improves!

The stress

Post 28

Lochangel

OOh that would be a good one!

The stress

Post 29

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

smiley - biggrin Can you tell what it is yet?

The stress

Post 30

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

Ok then how does David Blaine get his double in the box at night time so that he can pop over to the Saucy Sausage grill and massage parlour each night. He seems to have put weight on while he's been in the box!

You also have to think - staying with the thread - that would you (someone who makes their living out of fooling people) really do something which could end in your demise with a gun and ammunition?

The stress

Post 31

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Depends how mad you are. Maybe he quite fancied being forever remembered as "that bloke who blew his brains out on live television."

The stress

Post 32

The Grim Squeaker

SQUEAK

The stress

Post 33

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

Maybe he'd had his head pierced and then fiddled with the stud to make the hole bigger and then the bullet would have gone straight through without causing any actual damage

Key: Complain about this post