This is the Message Centre for Ferdi

Propaganda

Post 1

Ferdi

Six damn News channels to choose from and they are all singing from the same hymn sheet..it is begining to feel like i am living under fascism, can NATO do no wrong?..people in the pub who were totally against the war in the begining are now calling for a land war..have they all gone mad????...I can feel it in the air, NATO wants to send the troops in and we are all being prepared for it by the media..has talking through problems gone out of fashion or something?..People are dying!!!..People are living in refugee camps!!!...Do we really want more people's lives to be ruined or lost?...This needs to end and it needs to end NOW!!!

Propaganda

Post 2

Aquarion

I have to agree.
Isn't it nice to know that however much of a Model Democracy either the USA or the UK claims to be, It doesn't really matter what the people think?
"Sloba" as the local tabloids over here have quaintly dubbed him has offered peace, and what happened? NATO, and more specifically Clinton and Blair totally ignored it.

As I say, Democracy, doncha just love it?

Happyness to all,
Aquarion.

Propaganda

Post 3

Johnny Guitar

Hi Guys. I am sorry to say I don't agree. I do not believe that you can negotiate with an unelected government in the same way as you would a democracy. I feel your mistake here has been to believe that people are inherently likely to "do the right thing"
Unfortunately, my stack of history books tells me this is not true. Whilst it is to be regretted (and not that's not a strong enough word) that increased activity in this region will lead to a land war, as a matter of interest, what would be your other solution?
Deprive people of their right to live in their own homes? You believe that the Kosova refugees have been created by NATO. This ignores the fact that ethnic cleansing in this region has been taking place on a systematic basis by all sides for the last nine years.
Two wrongs do not make a right, and it is completely true that we should have taken diplomatic and military steps to end this problem years ago, notably in Croatia, but you must at some point draw a line and say that this type of behviour is unacceptable - would you expect international governments to come to your aid if an unelected military backed coup in your own country decided that those of you who had blue eyes should only be allowed to live in one area of the country? This is a very simplistic view of an extremely difficult question, so let's try a different tack.
Try finding me a refugee that doesn't believe in what NATO is doing, then we can discuss it further. In the second world war, people who expressed similar opinions to your own were known as conscientious objecters. As a matter of interest, would you like to post on your page that you think that there was no moral aspect to WWII, and that if we had just left Hitler to it, everything would have worked out fine?
I do not agree with war, but I also do not agree with appeasement. You must balance the two.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ferdi

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more