This is the Message Centre for Researcher 48364

Journalism

Post 1

Researcher 48364

This morning I heard a journalist declare he was unable to `get at' Nick Leeason while in Singapore and that security guards prevented journalist from approaching him after landing in England. Then this apparent up-holder of the bastion of `truth' stated, and I quote, `now he is back in the public domain he is ours'. Stop me if I am wrong but doesn't this smack of dogs going in for the kill having cornered a fox! Isn't this blood lust of another sort! Aren't we once again looking at the pack hunt mentality that killed a princess and has driven hundreds of celebrities into hiding. I let the facts speak for themselves.

Journalism

Post 2

Pritch

Naive. The truth you seek is a truth disguised by politics, a truth dressed up in fine clothes so that its appearance won't shock or disgust you, this is your truth. Blood? You want to talk about blood? Then let's talk about all the stories of human suffering that have only come to light because of the selfless tenacity of journalists who risk their own lives so that you are allowed to read a paper, listen to a radio or even watch a television and attempt to form an opinion of your own, rather than be spoon-fed merely pleasant things.
Ah, you people guard your morals and stick to only the mundane and the bland, fear what's really out there, lurking around the next corner, because it may force you to confront real life, a confrontation your way of life and system of beliefs has ill-prepared you for.
You are doomed, life after 2000 will leave you behind.
Journalists do nothing but present the facts for you to pick through at your disinterested leisure, you however see fit to publish your own personal opinion upon the biggest and fastest means of mass communication available. So, I ask you, what's worse?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher 48364

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more