A Conversation for Smooth fried eggs

A53355521 - Perfect fried eggs

Post 61

h5ringer

Smokehammer hasn't posted since July 7, so back to entry?

Post 62

Icy North

I agree.

Post 63

Malabarista - now with added pony

Smokehammer *can't* post, because he's been banned. But he doesn't seem to be using the "amphibiousFilibuster" account anymore, either. And I don't really see how this will make it as an EGE.

Might as well send it back to entry, unless anyone wants to do a general entry on fried eggs?

Post 64

You can call me TC

Goodness me, what a fuss. As someone who has only recently taken a greater interest in PR, I must ask if it's often like this?

For what it's worth, I would add that I have taken to cooking my eggs in this way recently, entirely by coincidence. I thought it might be a good idea to have a base of well-cooked white before dropping the yolk on it because (a) I prefer my yolk fairly runny and (b) this might prevent breaking the yolk when I lift the smiley - friedegg out of the pan. I haven't quite got the knack, but I hadn't thought of putting the lid over it. As someone said, though, doesn't that make it a steamed egg rather than a fried egg?

And as for not accepting any other opinions on foodstuffs you write entries about, why, I wrote a whole entry on a drink I find grossly unpalatable, and it even got accepted this week. The trick is not to actually express an opinion in the entry. But this (expressing opinions) seems to be the accepted thing these days. To my mind, it doesn't conform to the original intent behind the Guide - or any Guide, come to that - but times change....

PS - did I accidentally subscribe to PR or do you get automatically subscribed once you start posting here? Because I don't remember actively subscribing myself.

Post 65

You can call me TC

Actually, having thought about Mala's post ... I might volunteer to do an entry on fried eggs. There's quite a bit of material in this thread already.

Post 66

You can call me TC

Entry: Smooth fried eggs - A53355521

Page turner - sorry, it's a bit late

A53355521 - Smooth fried eggs

Post 67

Not-so-bald-eagle

I've followed this thread and have often wondered whether some of the 'attacks' weren't more to do with the person who wrote the entry than the subject itself. Such vehemence at times!

Good look with an Entry TC

smiley - coolsmiley - bubbly

Post 68

toybox

smiley - friedegg

Post 69

You can call me TC

Right, I've done it. Pity you can't use smileys in EGE's. Or can you?

Post 70

You can call me TC

A57051803 - Five ways to fry an egg

Post 71

smiley - cool Good idea, TC!

My problem with the entry was that it was another borderline rant - more an opinion piece than a recipe.

Post 72

You can call me TC

Yes, by the time I'd weeded out all the bits of opinion and just left the facts, I'm afraid there wasn't much smokehammer left.

His version is still available to read, of course, and I shall credit him as his was one of the biggest quotes in my entry.

Post 73

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

'Huston.... We have a problem...' smiley - doh

Has anyone thought of taking this Entry out of PR, yet??

I would suggest 'back to entry' to be the neatest way smiley - ok

Post 74

Gnomon - time to move on

If TC has already written an alternative version, then there's no sense in sending this to the Flea Market. It should go back to Entry. Now you need a scout to concur with my non-scout recommendation.

Post 75

Icy North

I concur with Gnomon, in a scouty sort of way.

Post 76

As do I. And now I want a smiley - friedegg

smiley - erm

Post 77

Skankyrich [?]

That's very, very well done, TC.

Key: Complain about this post