This is the Message Centre for DruglessBrain

Terminator (the original) last night

Post 1

DruglessBrain

It featured phone boxes with directories in them, hot-wireable cars without airbags, smoking in workplaces, video cassettes, telephone answering machines with cassettes, 40 year old 'futuristic' typefaces, mothballs ammonia and corn syrup purchasable over the counter without an anti-terrorism raid, a cassette Walkman, a Polaroid camera, Arnie.

Three of the cast went on to feature in Cameron's Aliens. Cameron was quite something until he jumped the shark with The Abyss.

Let's see... The French Connection on Sunday. S and I watched several Ian Carmichael Lord Peter Wimseys this week plus the Jack Hawkins League of Gentlemen. I have been reading DLS. The LS has been a bit of a desert.

Resits next week.

edngojbgefnbo[egbneiorgno

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Arnie was in something I saw recently, but I'm so tired and wan that I cannot even begin to arrange the neurons in my mental brain pan, to ....

Caroline wants to come with me to Israel and learn Hebrew.

Post 3

woofti aka groovy gravy

I had the great pleasure of playing Caroline the Agnus Dei of Britten's Missa Brevis, and explained the point, which most composers entirely miss, that you only ask for something when you haven't got it! So the Agnus Dei ought to be a tortured, terrible music. And in Britten, it really is.

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

When you and I go sauntering into CCFM arm in arm.

As Wonderly Mister used to say to his old, Chinese friend Mr Chong, "Prepare the entertainments! We've got some enjoyment to enjoy".

Post 5

woofti aka groovy gravy

Oops! Sorry Douglas, I inadvertently posted on your Journal space. I was just saying, when Honeybadger and I go visiting Sean and Jonathan, it will be priceless to see the expressions on their faces.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DruglessBrain

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more