This is the Message Centre for DruglessBrain

Hospital

Post 1

DruglessBrain

Me Mammy is in the hospital with kidney problems and the possibility of dialysis.

I have lost an old but still-in-use pair of varifocals, just days after having an eye test the upshot of which was that I probably need new glasses. I have two separate pairs of distance and reading glasses but the varifocals best deal with middle-distance vision, so that'll be £300...

When I was a student - not too long ago - I got new glasses paid for through application to the hardship fund.

I am in Kemnay. There were four neddy yoot on the bus oot, only not so yoot. I'd reckon in their 30s and I'd also reckon all 8am queuers-up outside the chemists. Still, they had a good chinwag, tho' one of them had a high nasal monotone that really nip nip nipped at me, like the bit in Hitchcock's Blackmail when Anny Ondra had a mentaller over 'knife' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvlyQaJbJgs

ogompoermgrel;]dflolxb,;l

PS From Susan:

I'm shifting my granite heap - from in front for the wall that has to come down to what was the compost heaps. 9m of wall is dangerous.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DruglessBrain

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more