This is the Message Centre for DruglessBrain

Final C today; R to follow

Post 1

DruglessBrain

2 units blood plus a hefty dose of steroids mean that S is on top of the world at the minute though the mellow is rather harshed by the fact that her wig got steamed during pizza-cooking last night and it has gone all felted on her. The SOP seems to be 'cook with the wig off' but no-one communicated this to S.

I took a coupla law acads to visit S last night and we had pizza and mince pies and mulled wine and we went to see the firework display.

S came back home as she had an early hosp this AM and my night was made when Miah performed a spectacular Linda Blair tribute all over the hallway carpet leaving the hall and carpet stinking, just like a babag of McCoys crinkle-cut steak crisps, and I had to mop it all up at 1am-ish.

Anyhow, I had a chest scan at the hosp this AM too, and they injected me with dye and I have a well-bruised pin chshion of an arm.

Work was meh!

I saw Mr Turner on Tuesday - 2.5 hours and significantly less laughter-filled than Topsy Turvy but nevertheless an interesting and instructive film, beautifully staged, dressed, furnished and scripted. It sent me in the direction of my collection of 1840s-50s bound Punch and also Thackeray. Hmmmm... do I have the energy to read Vanity Fair again? The shetches and essays are all right but I have never been able to make headway with any of T's novels save Vanity.

S is back in Kem. The plans for our new house should go in next week.

kvjreunobjv fe9-gjeowveonqe[obj

Key: Complain about this post

Final C today; R to follow

More Conversations for DruglessBrain

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more