This is the Message Centre for DruglessBrain

Red robes and John Knox cap

Post 1

DruglessBrain

Graduation next July.

A new hat for me mammy, and my auntie M will hopefully be able to come along too, plus S, of course.

Anyhow, a one-hour viva, the beginning of which was delayed a half-hour - to ratchet up the tension - on account of the connection to Stellenbosch falling over. One of my examiners came over from Belfast and the other was in SA. I had two of the 'deen Professors in the room to watch in silence.

Afterwards, lunch. Then - yesterday - staff holidays hooly.

ksdnvsdv ms cveruoinwkrel#q30jo

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Well done. Stellenbosch hey? Wow. Cool.

You put a lot of work in to that and you deserve all your success. You are clearly a born teacher of the young and may you, and more importantly, your students enjoy all your teaching - what you are gifted to do. Wonderful. Well done Drugless.

smiley - magic

smiley - coffee

Post 3

PJs OH

Congratulations Dr. Brain.

PJs OH

Post 4

petal jam

Congratulations Douglas!

O/h e-mailed me this morning with your news in what passes for excitement on a foggy day in Borisovia. We could hardly be prouder if you were our very own [pending, looking hopeful.]

Small note: h2g2 has always refused to validate my account transfer. Until now I had considered it their loss, not mine. However today I put in a few calls including the words "non-panic scenario" and lo! the air locks were opened.

Best wishes all round

Post 5

DruglessBrain

Thanks y'all. 'twas an exercise in nitpick and grind, with occasional flashes of illumination. But now I feel... 'what next'? As it happens, I have just been sidled up to by a shifty-looking 'series editor' who wants to sign me up for something.

ksxdfgwegvbdskv cnvbisdav80wr

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DruglessBrain

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more