This is the Message Centre for DruglessBrain

Back home

Post 1

DruglessBrain

http://attackoftheherbals.com/site/page/videos.aspx

Nae mousies last night. Miah went out at 10 and didn't come back 'til 9.30. She ate breakfast then watched me ver' closely for a while, then went out again.

I have been washing all the sheets &c.

I will do some Gloag and Henderson work in a wee while.

It is a bonny day outside - fresh.

Chilli of some sort tonight.

I had a big oaty bowl of porridge for breakfast.

Susan phoned last night and has texted a couple of times. She is now in the physio stage of her hospital visit. I can see myself having to go down on Friday or Saturday to collect her.

No zombie incursions last night. The monster under the bed didn't grab me by a toe, and the wardrobe ghoul behaved itself. I only needed two lights on, and managed without the bulb of garlic.

Yow, two cats fighting out back.

The train to Dalmuir. Electric. Old. Ricketty. Creaking and whining when stopping and starting at the station. I was convinced that Robert Fripp was playing one of his soundscapes.

At the hotel/bar, ambient music. Sonic rumblings with occasional minimalist piano, ver' atmospheric. THe music in the Brunswick, Brunswick St is usually rather good. They put together good mixes.

Douglas

Back home

Post 2

PJs OH

Probably the air suspension if it was one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_314

They use compressed air to keep the height of the coach constant regardless of the weight of passengers. So, if a lot of passengers get off, the coach is too high and it has to exhaust some of the air to bring it back to the correct height. This creates the hissing and creaking sound.

It can also try and compensate if it stops with the coach tilted to one side. Sometimes it is just badly adjusted and slowly rocks from side to side.

Regards to Susan. It sounds like she's recovering well.

PJ's OH

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DruglessBrain

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more