This is the Message Centre for DruglessBrain

Routine stuff

Post 1

DruglessBrain

Nice morning tho' misty. The mist burned off then the rain came.

Chilli for tea.

A Crimson, a Doctah (if up on BBC-i), then, maybe, a NYPD Blue.

Yesterday's tutorials went ver' well.

It looks like I may have found someone to take my bike off me, in exchange for a bottlie Bushmills.

In town, I picked up a Cerebus vol. 1 and a signed hardback Baker Street collection (the Guy Davis one, one of the finest tributes to Sherlock Holmes ever).

I have just read the Times and the FT.

I picked up a copy of Out by Natsuo Kirino at a cherity shop.

I have really enjoyed my tutoring this year. Conveyancing and Succession & Trusts. I have also lectured on Property and Alternative Methods of Dispute Resolution. Teaching IS fun. I so want (and need) to shift down into a proper office in the Law School.

I met one of my former LLM 'English as a second language' tutes yesterday. She is from the far east, and when I saw her was about to start a LLM. She has just started her PhD. It was good to see her.

I bought bacon for breakfast tomorrow. Shopping will have to get done.

Douglas

Routine stuff

Post 2

PJs OH

Cracking DW. You may have seen the trailer where he asks for 12 jammy dodgers and a fez. But you have to wait to see from whom he is asking this.

Happy Oestre
PJ's OH

Routine stuff

Post 3

DruglessBrain

A bit frenetic, but full of ideas, ver' clever, and a ver' strong cast well compensated for the show's biggest weakness. River's speech about the horrible day that lies in her future was brilliant - we have already seen that day. I thought that the Nixon better resembled LBJ.

Meanwhile, an exchange from Blink:

Doctor: Welcome!
Billy Shipton: Where am I?
Doctor: 1969. Not bad as it goes. You've got the moon landing to look forward to.
Martha: Oh, the moon landing's brilliant! We went four times. Back when we had transport.
Doctor: Working on it.

Douglas

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DruglessBrain

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more