This is the Message Centre for DruglessBrain

Dreary. Suits me

Post 1

DruglessBrain

It's damp outside but not cold, and quite calm. Good weather for writing.

I went down to the Uni yesterday. I shifter a big boxload of books back home - a 16 volume Green's Encyclopedia.

Susan and I went in to town. We bought tickets for the Student Show at HMT. We are Italian then came home and watched 2 X Files.

I have just filleted the bookshelves, and have some boxes for Oxfam.

A neighbour is blasting out music - metal, 80s, something with a polka beat...

One of the Profs at the Uni loaned me a a volume - Volume 18 - from his Morison's Dictionary. 210 years old. Crumbling pages. Mouldering leather - Just like a copy of the Necrinomicon, borrowed from the library at the Miskatonic University, Salem, Mass. I'd best watch out lets I conjure up a Mondboddo, or a Braxfield.

I actually managed top exchange greetings with quite a faw of the law acads yesterday, doubtless quashing rumours of my death or emigration.

I bought a bodum travel brew mug and some loose Rose Souchong. It works.

Neither Susan nor I have ever been to a student show before.

Cauli cheese for tea.

Douglas

Dreary. Suits me

Post 2

PJs OH

"We are Italian"
Amazing. I had always presumed you were Scottish?

Note that student shows are only funny to students or those who have recently been students. I know you fall into the latter category but beware. If you laugh when everyone else does, you might get away with it.
Re: DH. Drink may have been taken. I stopped watching the Doctor after Peter Davison took over. Mostly because I was out of the country. So I never saw the Sylveste McCoy episodes to which you have compared recent episodes. I still like it. The short skirt or nightdress helps as well.

Ash sweeping tomorrow.

PJ's OH

Dreary. Suits me

Post 3

DruglessBrain

Desperate Fishwives - or, more correctly, Flying Pig Productions - grew out of the Aiberdeen student shows of the mid-90s. They arer all solicitors and accountants and teachers and law lecturers now. Susan and me are big fans. They have had quite a few shows now, including two runs at HMT, and they have had two seasons on BBC Radio. Their TV pilot is in the can. Here is one of their sketches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XED4rL9vj8&feature=PlayList&p=C164CC20FDF6BD7D&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1

Re. ahs sweeping - I dinna see why I should treat it any different to the snaa; let the rain sort it oot.

Douglas

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DruglessBrain

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more