This is the Message Centre for DruglessBrain

Back

Post 1

DruglessBrain

Motherwell went OK. The place is pure unreconstructed 1970's town planning, given that since the demise of mining and the steel industry in the area there hasn't been any £££s for redevelopment. Therefore, we had lunch in a Wimpy - waitress service, coke in a (plastic) glass, and 70's cooking.

I met my niece - she of RSAMD - yesterday and treated her to a very nice tho' £30 lunch.

I have spent the day bashing out more and more wrots that I'll have 20 or so hours on Monday/Tuesday to cut down from XXXXX to 11,000.

Pork for tea.

Douglas

Back

Post 2

DruglessBrain

Apparently the downstairs neighbour has twice this week clocked a dodgy guy walking a staffie up in the cul de sac having a good neb, clockin' the hooses and, the second time, trying car door handles, this all this very recently.

Memo to self - put digi camera on the front bedroom windowsill and peep out occasionally. Warn Susan re. keeping the Fabergé in the car.

Douglas

Back

Post 3

PJs OH

Blimey, Douglas, I'm impressed!
You found somewhere in Motherwell that cost as much as £15 a head for lunch?
Are you sure that you weren't overcharged because you were whistling a different sectarian tune?
PJ's OH

Back

Post 4

DruglessBrain

Lunch was in Glasgow. A very nice cafe in Sauchihall Street just round the corner from RSMAD. Dinner in Motherwell was in the Alona Hotel - the best of the Motherwell hotels food-wise, but hotel food is invariably microwave or boil in the bag. When my employer is picking up the tab then I will unfailingly go for steak, it at least has to be shown a grill. One annoying new fad, for which I blame The Hairy Bikers - rubic cube assemblies of big fat chips but no more real than those Wimpy extrusions.

Hello PJ's Oh by the way.

Douglas

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DruglessBrain

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more