A Conversation for The Forum

Permits for Smokers

Post 41

Researcher U197087

As a lifelong non-driver I get seriously tired of hearing from people who drive all over the place on a daily basis for their own purposes, claiming that my occasional wafts of smoke in their direction is anti-social. If it bothers you that much, flog your car and move to Sark or somewhere you might have a legitimate case.

Permits for Smokers

Post 42

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Oh right, so you walk everywhere, never using an internal combustion engine or other polluting technology for transport or getting your necessities of life (including, presumably, cigarettes) smiley - rolleyes

Permits for Smokers

Post 43

Researcher U197087

Of course I do kea; but I'm not the one looking for the banning of traffic, which pollutes my lungs and ears all the time, either. I'm just saying that recreational drivers who object to secondhand smoke don't have much of a case.

Permits for Smokers

Post 44

Arnie Appleaide - Inspector General of the Defenders of Freedom

Agreed, for *recreational* drivers. But the remaining drivers (99%) who drive out of necessity, have a case.

Permits for Smokers

Post 45

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

I don't really understand that line of argument Chris. What you seem to be saying is that let's have multiple pollution (cars AND cigarettes) so that all polluters can not be hassled. Whereas I'm really happy to have restrictions put on car pollution as well as smoking smiley - ok

Permits for Smokers

Post 46

Researcher U197087

I'm not putting forward an argument for any legislation at all kea. I would love if the world were utterly pollution-free but we all have needs, whether for weed or speed.

All I ask is the Boy Racer/Chelsea Tractor brigade shut up about my rollies. Sorry, it's not so much an argument as an I'm-rubber-you're-glue kvetch.

Permits for Smokers

Post 47

badger party tony party green party

It grates on me the way some words are over used.

The latest one is "random" it is used to signify things that are random *and* things or utterances that are surreal, currently by mopp-topped emo kids. It will pass, but not soon enough.

Another word that is over used is "love" we all know about this and to be fair even though some people will use it in a way that we dont agree with you get the feeling tat atleast they have some grasp of its meaning to them.

What gets me more than those to is the use of the word need. It is used wrongly far more than it is used correctly.

So people say "I need to drive for my job" and they are correct, but they do not need to drive.

"I need a car to get to the shops" is a true statement but they do not need a car

Before there were cars all the jobs that had to get done pretty much got done without people driving all ofer the place, likewise people got the prvisionms they needed from somewhere and the human race got along without them for millenia.

People want, desire and like speed and indeeed weed, but neither of them are a necessecity for life.

one love smiley - rainbow

Permits for Smokers

Post 48

Secretly Not Here Any More

"Another word that is over used is "love" we all know about this and to be fair even though some people will use it in a way that we dont agree with you get the feeling tat atleast they have some grasp of its meaning to them....

<>

one love smiley - rainbow"

smiley - rofl

Permits for Smokers

Post 49

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

smiley - biggrin

Permits for Smokers

Post 50

Loop-da-loop

Oh I fancy a cigarette now and its only just gone 9! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post