This is the Message Centre for Alfredo

The Cult of Hate.

Post 1

Alfredo

I just saw at BBC Two - Louis Theroux: "The Most Hated Family in America"

Louis Theroux (son of famous writer Paul Theroux) gets to know the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas - a controversial church whose members are nearly all from one family and preach the hate of their god, primarily focused at gay-sex. "God hates fags" is written at their papers, their flags, in their minds, in their hearts, bodies, language, thoughts and skin.

I saw very shocking things, like ten members of the group traveling by airplane to attend a funeral of a USA-soldier to show the mourning peoples that their killed son/daughter had been defending a country - the U.S.A. - that god really hates, so his/her fight and death was and is without any meaning.
God punishes America, Canada, Africa, Antarctica, Pluto and the whole universe because they don't live according to some rules.

Seeing it, suddenly a thought comes up in my mind; "where is Hitler. Where is he hiding?".

It's a thought that suddenly came up in my mind, because I had seen long movie shots about Hitler attending a party-meeting in 1937.
I was very impressed; never had I seen these long shots of a Hitler, preparing himself to speak in public. It was shown as part of a very long documentary about the diary of J. Goebbels, the man of Hitler’s propaganda.

The meeting place in Germany, 1937, is full of obedient, young peoples.
Hitler is standing at the stage. Peoples start to talk less loudly, but continue to talk.
Hitler shuffles a piece of paper, looks at the peoples, does not say anything, touches the paper again (during the war he néver, éver used a paper to support his speech), looks into the crowded place, takes a small breath, does not speak, while the public gets more and more quiet.
Still he does not speak.
He looks, touches the paper, takes again a small breath, and puts his hands at his stomach. Then, he touches his hair to put it in place.

He starts to talk and says to his “comrades”, that “ it is not true, that his party had defeated the communist party. His party had broken the power of all parties!”
Now peoples get enthusiastically and applaud.

Still it’s not the Hitler that I always have in mind.
I really had never seen him so quiet for so long and talking about “parties”, in stead of shouting about his great vision of the Third Reich, etc.

I see in this docu another Hitler, I had never seen before.
But after his few words, he starts to embrace his own charisma and an almost physical lust for power and presents a very impressive
Performance, including hate and destruction.
For the first time in my life I have witnessed the common man, called Adolf, changing in the cult demon Hitler, full of passionate hate and destruction, woven in his so called destiny of his country.
While he shouts, he repeatedly contracts his stomach at the end of every line of fury words.

Very intimidating for me and to me

I did feel fear for him. I did feel some power over me, while watching it.
I left the room and went for a walk, to reach normality.

Having said all this, it may makes some sense to you why I – watching the “most hated family of America” at BBC 2 – suddenly thought;” Where is Hitler. Where is he hiding?”.

Well, as in every “church”, they have a pastor. Most of the times a male person. But he is pretty hard to find.
After days, Louis Theroux gets permission to meet him at the pastors own working room.
Louis asks him how many children he has. The pastors say nothing and Theroux leaves the room.

Another few days later, we get to see a church service.
While peoples are singing, there is no pastor.
When it gets silent, slowly a door is opened, and the pastor goes to the middle of a stage and sits in his chair. Behind a desk, he loudly reproduces the written words in the air. Words about “fags”, “god”, “hates”, “fags”,“god”, “hates”, “fags”.
He continues to talk about “hates”, “fags” and ‘god”, because “god hates fags”, and ‘therefore hates this world”, hates, hates and hates.

This is not even a very bad sermon. This is not an impressive sick charisma. The words, the lines are an everlasting mantra of a sick kind of self-esteem. This is a meeting where an old man badly – very badly - needs his followers, his gang, but I do not yet feel an intimidating “power”, although my heart really suspects it, because of the nature of this totally isolated hate-cult group.

The next day, Louis Theroux gets a last chance to interview him.
He gets close to the leader of the cult group and gets five minutes for his interview.
Louis said, that it surprises him, that he and his group believe that only these 40 peoples will enter heaven and all, yes all the others will end in hell.

Now the eyes of the old man start to uplift. A deep rooted anger starts to fill his eyes while he speaks and I feel that same kind of intimidating power that Hitler had , when this old, totally disillusioned man in Kansas got over me. I just felt that same kind of fear for both of them. They appear not to leave any space for oneself, as just for listening and obeying and nothing, nothing else.

A huge fire of mental power, used to intimidate and bully, to finally inject his surrounding world with hate and destruction, his own “followers” included, because they are just used to unconditionally follow and obey, right into the arms of , well, what. I cannot find the words.
These peoples have found their home, created by a man full of anger, a great anger and huge frustration.
No more thinking, feeling, laughing. Just the warmth within a self created isolation that will be their self-destruction in the long run.
Captivated by a very, a very angry old and vain man who seeks shelter from death in his cult of death.

Those children alongside the roads with written words of hate.
Some, just seven years old.

This is far worse than hate.

Key: Complain about this post

The Cult of Hate.

More Conversations for Alfredo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more