A Conversation for Talking Point: The Worst Films Ever Made

Bollywood movies

Post 1

Anushodhak

Have you heard of Bollywood? Yes I am referring to Indian film industry. Well they make more films per year than Hollywood! In nine decades Bollywood has given more than 27,000 feature films and thousands of documented short films. They make some very good movies which are world class but they have a wide range of audience and so try many things in one movie, like music, dance, action, sex.....these are called formula films! Beware of formula a.k.a. masala movies! They are countless.....

Some facts about typical Bollywood movies:
Hero is omnipotent, omniscient. He can fight with 20 men simultaneously. smiley - headhurts If he shoots, he will never miss his target but can get unharmed if comes under shower of bullets. He knows many things by default like singing, dancing, fighting, riding and whatever you can think of!
Actress is there to sing and dance round the trees. smiley - weird She is generally beauty without brain.

Well last worst movie I couldn't watch for more than 15 minutes was Supari. smiley - yuk

Better read the review first!

smiley - cheers

Bollywood movies

Post 2

Bogie

I remember a good one about a Cricket match that was recently shown on Cha**el4... anyone remember its name??

B.

Bollywood movies

Post 3

Anushodhak

There are quite a few movies on Cricket though but I think you are referring to Lagaan, which was one of the nominees for Oscar for best foreign film in 2001 ( hope I am right)

smiley - cheers

Bollywood movies

Post 4

Rhatphase: Master of classical painting on alternate mondays between the hours of 2 and 4 pm by appointment only

Ah yes Lagaan, the endless cricket match, or whatever it is called. My friend made me watch that and we were both wincing all the way through, eesh. Horrid thing that movie.

Bollywood movies

Post 5

Anushodhak

Lagaan means land revenue. It is a periodic movie, when India was British colony British used to charge land revenue to the farmers. The story is like, being a draught hit area farmers were unable to pay the revenue. British officer puts a condition that if farmers play cricket with them and wins, he will not charge any revenue for three years..... Though fictional, a good direction and talented cast made it a memorable movie, Amir Khan deserves a special mention! smiley - ok

I did like this movie; it was the movie with a message what I would call. smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers

Bollywood movies

Post 6

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

Anushodhak: Some facts about typical Bollywood movies? Sounds like they took their lessons from every single Hollywood "shoot-em-up" or war movie!!!

Bollywood movies

Post 7

Bogie

Lagaan... that was it! Thanks. Great film!

B.

Bollywood movies

Post 8

Anushodhak

Quite right Tashalls smiley - smiley, Bollywood doesn't mind picking concepts and some time copying the plot as it is from Hollywood. Bollywood producers generally do not believe in reinventing the wheel. If one formula is successful, everyone tries that! Recently a ghost movie was instant hit, which has encouraged others to make ghost busters! We experienced heights of copy cat business when one producer decided to make a movie on the life of freedom fighter 'Martyr Bhagat Singh'. Three other big banners started their projects on Bhagat Singh simultaneously and as if this was not all the release date for two Bhagat Singh was same!
Well I still smiley - love Bollywood movies. I have learnt the art of picking the right moviesmiley - ok

smiley - cheers

Bollywood movies

Post 9

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post