This is the Message Centre for RiffRaff

slack

Post 1

Grey

You say slacker like its a bad thing smiley - smiley I refuse to believe you.

slack

Post 2

RiffRaff

Nope, just a statement of fact. I revel in my lazy-slackerness, although it does make it tough to finish any of the many many projects I have lying around.

slack

Post 3

Grey

I can totally identify. I have so many half-finished projects. I just get bored with the idea...or it wears out its niftiness, and there's something else I was thinking of that I really want to do now...

Predictably, that repeats itself alot.

slack

Post 4

RiffRaff

Lessee... What have I been putting off lately...

There's a nearly-finished Tom Servo puppet and a not-quite-half-finished Crow puppet on a shelf...

I have to write more for the second session of the Paranoia game I'm meant to be running on wednesday...

Then there was the sculptural idea I had for all the leftover sprues from the Evangelion models I made...

And one major u:berprojekt involving writing a novel/diary in an alien language, in a handbound book, on homemade paper... know how far I've gotten on that one? I've gotten as far as working out the language's numerical system, but not so far that I've actually _named_ the numbers yet. Do you know how hard it is to do math in base 16? (Answer: very hard.)

Plus some ideas I've had for h2g2 entries, of course. And I'm overdue for a post to the starfleet e-mail RPG I'm on. and probably a bunch of other stuff I've pushed out of my mind.

Eeargh.

slack

Post 5

Grey

Well, in theory I writing a novel this summer (hee hee). After having many novel ideas (all puns intended) I chose one in particular, and have only spouted out about 10 pages. Now that I have a novel I should be writing, I have several short story ideas I started working on after I forgot a few really good ones 'cause I told myself I'd get to them later. (My "little" brother made some comment about writing when I feel inspired to, because who knows when I'll be inspired again. When did he grow up?)

Then I got a short story idea related to a different novel idea from the one I chose to work on. If I want it to be a good and consistent short story, I need to work out a good idea of what the overall story is, so everything works.

On top of that, I keep putting off the html work I have to do for the three businesses I work for--much less having worked on any of the html I do for "myself". I need to go to Marian's and get some work done for her and Bradley still (should have gone last week) and there's always the neverending job of working with the online highschool.

As you can see, most of my problem is that I've been putting stuff off. If I'd just sit down and work on the stuff, I'd be fine. I'm sure I'll do it soon--it's just that stuff keeps coming up to distract me.

You probably have me beat, but I *still* have lots of unfinished projects, so nyah!! smiley - smiley

Xac once commented that the key to the slackdom of slackworks was that we get the job done in the most time-conscious manner (ie, last minute) but that we still get the job done. It works.

slack

Post 6

Farquar

Ok, this is the second reference I have seen to the Slackworks. Wait a minute! Did you or do you now live in Morgantown West Virginia?

slack

Post 7

Grey

yes smiley - smiley

(I both did and do now.)

slack

Post 8

Farquar

A-HA! And the slackworks was were Paul and everybody was living, right? Are you sure we haven't met?

slack

Post 9

RiffRaff

I don't /believe/ she appeared at Slackworks while you were there... although my memory, as always, is fuzzy.

writing

Post 10

RiffRaff

So what've you been writing about? I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours. smiley - winkeye

It's all Star Trek silliness, mind, but there's some okay stuff...

writing

Post 11

Grey

(Ooooh, I love that game!!) smiley - smiley

I am pretty certain I am not sure that I've ever met you, Farquar. And that may or may not be my final word on the subject. You got the place right, though. Do you remember which street the Slackhouse was on when you visited? (That will help me determine whether or not you saw me there--there are a few slackhouses I never saw the inside of...)

As for you Riff, sure. I'll mail you some at some point here soon. (e-mail). I won't post any of it, 'cause then "they" own the copyright smiley - winkeye

writing

Post 12

RiffRaff

I'll answer for Farq: it was the Dorsey Ave. one. Slackworks v2.0 smiley - smiley

writing

Post 13

Grey

Well, I was there quite a bit, but not in the beginning months...hmmm. Was it before the visit of yours, Riff, that was brought to us by the letter "b"? (I think it was "b"...do you remember what I'm talking about?) Or was it "s"? I don't think it was s, because I think we would have gotten a bit more lewd about it if it was...

Anyway, if you were there together then I'm almost positive that I haven't met Farquar.

writing

Post 14

RiffRaff

I haven't got a _clue_ what you're talking about.

writing

Post 15

Farquar

I'd buy a vowel if I were you.

Speaking of Star Trek sillyness...Ted from the Hud has been asking about you. Aparently they haven't heard anything in a long time and need to get a "I'm here" post. I still think you and I should f**k things up on that ship.

Well, first of all, I had no idea Grey was of the female persuasion, and secondly, if I new a name or had a description I would probably be able to tell if we had met. Regardless, we are knowledgable of each others presense now, and that's good enough for me.

Pleased to meet you Grey, who ever you are.

writing

Post 16

Grey

Lovely Farquar--I'm pleased to meet you too. Actually, I'm glad you said that about not knowing I was of the female persuasion: some people you can just tell, and I was wondering if that was true of me.

Riff, there was a visit that we went up to the mall, and you had a keyboard letter in your pocket along with two things that happened to start with that letter. "This visit is brought to you by the letter s, s is for screw, and squid..." or some such... I was thinking b was for bolt...I can't remember now. There were two items. You hadn't planned it--it was a fluke occurance that those things were in your pocket...

'k, back to Farquar. My name's Erin. (Which you'd get if you "people searched" "grey" on here anyway.) Um, I've got red hair, and I'm not Martha. That help?

writing

Post 17

Farquar

Vaguely. Wait, you wouldn't happen to be the person that Riff and I went to see one time and I got totally drunk and was hitting upon unmercifully until I passed out, are you?

writing

Post 18

RiffRaff

heh heh heh...

I think that was Krista...

writing

Post 19

Grey

Kreestah has that affect on people smiley - winkeye

Um, not unless I was too drunk to remember it--which is possible but not super likely. Um...hasn't Krista had short hair for a long time? Mine is rather longish.

writing

Post 20

RiffRaff

Yeah, she's got that pinball smile, to quote Red Dwarf. smiley - smiley

She's had short hair for as long as I've known her... in fact, last time I was there, she'd cut it _way_ short, and dyed it, which was a bummer since I really dug it the previous way.

Actually, Farq, now that I think of it, it may have been some friend of Krista/Poe/Marfa's that you were flirting with, that I didn't know very well. But it was definately at Krista's pad.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for RiffRaff

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more