A Conversation for Metroid Prime

Peer Review: A1109017 - Metroid Prime

Post 1

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

Entry: Metroid Prime - A1109017
Author: Hussassan (Human) and Faizhar (Tok'ra) , Bounty Hunter, Werescorpion, Patron saint of Eternal Darkness - U200779

Please note I have not played any of the other Metroid games, so i am judging this one entirely on its own merits.

A1109017 - Metroid Prime

Post 2

smiley - erm Yeah, so, like, if anyone wants to post here, feel free.

A1109017 - Metroid Prime

Post 3

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi Hussassan,

I never normally comment on game reviews, it not being an area of interest for me, however I see you've been ignored. Good that you've bumped it up, though.

I had a brief look through. As I said, I know little or nothing about this type of game, so expressions like 'FPSes,' are completely lost on me. I assume 'low polygon count and poor framerate' means that the graphics aren't good?

It's usually good to assume little or no knowledge on behalf of your reader, so an explanation of jargon would be helpful.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

A1109017 - Metroid Prime

Post 4

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Hi Hussassan,

I never normally comment on game reviews, it not being an area of interest for me, however I see you've been ignored. Good that you've bumped it up, though.

I had a brief look through. As I said, I know little or nothing about this type of game, so expressions like 'FPSes,' are completely lost on me. I assume 'low polygon count and poor framerate' means that the graphics aren't good?

It's usually good to assume little or no knowledge on behalf of your reader, so an explanation of jargon would be helpful.

A1109017 - Metroid Prime

Post 5

Yeah OK, i'll stick in a few footnotes to explain that.

Polygon - basically a virtual bulding block, from which 3D objects in games are made.

Framerate - how fast the image on the screen changes.

FPS - stands for 'First Person Shooter' and is a game such as Doom where you see through the eyes of the character and have to shoot stuff.

A1109017 - Metroid Prime

Post 6

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

smiley - cheerssmiley - ok

A1109017 - Metroid Prime

Post 7

Intersturber (scout, but only on thursdays)

I think that this is a very good overview for someone who wants to buy or is just starting to play the game. A certain relative of mine happens to like the Metroid games and this entry sounds a bit like his ramblings. It seems to cover everything a new player to it would want to know and you spelled the name of it correctly (yes, I have seen entries with the main topic spelled wrong, and not all of them weren't my own!).
smiley - winkeye
Intersturber
smiley - towel

A1109017 - Metroid Prime

Post 8

Daniel Watkins

I like this entry. It tells me what I would want to know about a game in a pretty concise fashion. I'm sure being a Metroid fan would help me even more.

Wouldn't make me buy the game, but that's not the point. smiley - smiley

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Intersturber (scout, but only on thursdays)

Congrats!
smiley - towelsmiley - towelsmiley - towel

Post 11

smiley - ta That was quick! smiley - cheerssmiley - cake

Key: Complain about this post