For to presume breath signifies living
Could just as soon be to signify death
Death in every rising, death in every fall
A death unnoticed but for one
Death in every breath.
Pain unconquered again and again
Suffering in time, no motion to refrain
To think of ceasing needs one breathing
But breathing causes thoughts of ceasing.
And living becomes a cycle of cause and effect
That one cannot escape or smother
Lest one should forget

KAT's poem, and a very good one it is too

Post 2

U218534

Ouch...

Why was there a question mark after 'poem'?

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 3

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

smiley - hug
Poem says a lot.

I have one I put under *bad poetry* on my page if you sunscribe ot misery loves company. I do feel better than then.
I write bad poetry during bad moods.
Sometimes it seems half way decent but I never think about the quality, it is about getting the feelings out.

I would say you ARE a poet.
I hope you'll keep writing Kat.

I saw where you were going to try to go to a meet!
I hope you make it. I am a world away so no chance but they sound like fun.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 4

Kat - From H2G2

*runs around panicking*

I dont want to go to the meeeeetttt!!!! Im scared and I dont know anyone and and and!!!
Ahem...and I have to go to the psychologist today, and I dont want to have to talk...which could make for a...fun time!
Plus I need to go to the newsagents to get a birthday card, I ought to go to the library too. Oh well. Come on something good!!! Okay...I erm...I have 4 friends I speak to regularly. I can walk on my leg in a sort of rolling gait for a while, but the next day I regret it. Erm...i get to have fish and chips for lunch. urfff i give up too hard. Sorry. I was informed that most people dont talk about how they feel in such a public place and I thought that maybe I would stop using my journal as, if you look around, theres already enough depressed people announcing it to the world...however...i dont know

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 5

"I was informed that most people dont talk about how they feel in such a public place and I thought that maybe I would stop using my journal as, if you look around, theres already enough depressed people announcing it to the world...however...i dont know"

Totally up to you I would saysmiley - erm
Don't know who told you that or why. So......
There may be reasons to hold back some due to the consequences but that is an individual choice for you.

There are a lot of depressed people here as well as everywhere.
You deal with your own the best way you can.
Some people who write personal journals also include when the depression leaves or improves. That can be an enlightning and positive thing when you have a chance to see the whole cycle.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 6

Kat - From H2G2

Right Im not going to the meet. The thought is exhausting.

I never seem to feel better though...just endless waves of differing levels of depression. Sorry I got really angry with the psych about this this week because nothing ever seems to change.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 7

Ah it seems like nothing changes but it is usually ever so slowing moving in some direction.

Wish I had some cheer for yousmiley - smiley

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 8

Kat - From H2G2

Well...its....2:30am...and Im watching Ellen Degeneres doing stand up comedy in Chicago from 2000. It's my new wish to be able to distinguish between different American accents. I think the reason I cant is because I never know where people come from...so I hear them talk and they could all come from Texas for all...no wait even I can notice a Texan accent!

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 9

I really enjoy Ellensmiley - biggrin

The southern accents are probably the easiest to pick up on.
Maybe New York or Northern ones next.
The nation is so mobile the accents get blended together.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 10

Kat - From H2G2

Why can't they be more....certain! like in England...there's London and Manchester, and Liverpool, and Newcastle, and Welsh, and Southern (the posh one), and West Country (the farmer one), which is quite like Yorkshire (also farmer-ish).

I dont have to go to the meet tomorrow anymore. Partly because my friend who was supposed to be going with me, got into a spot of trouble and now doesnt want to go out...and partly because I sooooo cant be bothered to move. It's 2 feet to my bed and yet...I cant be bothered to get back into bed! Although POSSIBLY I can be bothered to go and get a packet of maltesers from the kitchen...hmm nope maybe not. Man I so cant be bothered to do anything! Thats actually quite sad.

I ought to stop obsessing about Nick, but I want to know her! I miss her!

My head and wrists hurt. Maybe I should do something about it. Maybe its psychosymatic, that would be typical. A couple of years ago the gp sent me to the physio and they couldnt find anything wrong with my wrists.

Im boring. Wow I feel heavy too! Wait Im not actually heavy I know that...if my chest and stomach really were as heavy as they feel then Id be drilling my way to Australia just by weight alone.

Eddie Izzard is funny too.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 11

We hardly ever get to see Eddie Izzard! I do not know why!
I think it is a humor conspiracysmiley - laughMust have been banned when I was not looking.smiley - boing I do miss some of his jokes due to accent.
I have found if I listen carefuly for a while it starts getting clearer to me.smiley - blush I need a tiny adjustment period.

Well just because they say nothing is wrong is no guanrantee.
There was nothing wrong with me until they figured it out and I needed immediate emergency surgey! The Poo heads! Not the norm though.

If you know something is wrong you really have to pursue it.
As long as you work they will keep you trying to work. Once you are not they tend to just look at the top complaint or problem and blow off the rest. It seems to be some sort of economic balance they have come up with here.

Good you have a sense of humorsmiley - smiley
That cannot hurt any!
Please excuse typing - I am too tired to notice and/or correct every mistake I make.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 12

hellboundforjoy

*One problem you should be aware of when trying to learn American accents from tv or movies is that most of those accents are faked by actors. They may not be accurate at all. This can dirty the accent learning water. I work in theater and often the accents are horrible and I've heard linguistic expert-types criticise accents used on shows and movies. I'm not that good at distinguishing them myself but sometime even I can tell that an accent is bad.

BTW can you tell when an american is faking a British accent? I'm trying to learn to tell things like that myself.

Another BTW, there's this woman on Air America - whose name escapes me - who has the weirdest accent. Appearantly she moved from Britain to the US in her youth. Must have been Brooklyn or something cause she's got this mostly Brooklyn accent but then some words come out like she's the Queen of England . smiley - weird

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 13

hellboundforjoy

*of course in stand-up most people do use their own natural accents so maybe my previous is not as relevant. I don't know what kind of accent Ellen has. I haven't heard her in a while in any context.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 14

Kat - From H2G2

I CAN tell when someone is faking an English accent yes! It doesnt always work though. Generally, Americans especially, tend to over do it. The only problem with this policy is that next to American accents, an English accent sounds VERY English.

BTW You cant say British accent!!! That would include Ireland, Scotland and Wales! And even you have to admit that they sound nothing like each other! I'll get hold of a mic and give you a demo some time.

So how are people doing? I went to the psychologist yesterday and cant remember anything I said except asking when she was going to eat her banana. I think I was in a bit of a cotton wool fog to be honest.

The Police are still my music of choice that Im going to kill myself to, although Wagner's O Fortuna is looking quite promising...although maybe that's a bit wrong to listen to classical music.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 15

smiley - musicalnote
Confused by "a bit wrong"
After all we all have our own lines.

I like listening to the Police when in a mood of frustration and anger. They are like the grand finale for me to a bad mood.
I seem to be able to move on to something else afterwards.

But then I see music as a smiley - gift - real soul food.
It heals or keeps you company or says what you cannot not.

You can even make your own! smiley - smiley
Have you ever put your poetry to music?

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 16

Do either of you have broadband?
They have daily videos of Ellens show monologues available.

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 17

katkodl

Where can I get them? smiley - bigeyes

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 18

Don't suppose you have aol for an ISP?
That would be easy!

I think I can find them elsewhere though so I will look for you if not.smiley - somersault

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 19

katkodl

I have a pretty quick connection! smiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - run
And still lots of MB left for downloading this month!

smiley - blackcat

KAT's erm...poem?

Post 20

Video@AOL : Television : The Ellen DeGeneres Show : 'Ellen DeGeneres Show'

Key: Complain about this post