This is the Message Centre for Kat - From H2G2

KAT loathes psychs...not just hates them

Post 1

Kat - From H2G2

Okay as we all know...the GP (dr bruce) wrote to the consultant psych (dr sheik) saying that I didnt want to see my psych (dr jaffer) anymore because the relationship is crap, i dont respect her and dont feel shes taking me seriously etc etc.
Sheik wrote back saying he didnt see a problem, I was technically under him and jaffer talks to him etc etc and he feels that Im getting the right support for the situation as he sees it. He didnt even MENTION the fact that Im STILL on the lowest dosage of anti-ds and it's NEVER been upped in 7 months.
SO...dr bruce wrote BACK to sheik saying he wasn't satisfied and he wanted a second opinion. By this time I had squodged under a car and sheik knew about this.
Sheik replied saying he didn't think i needed a second opinion and he wouldnt get me one and wants me to keep seeing jaffer.
Dr Bruce agreed with me that Ive given it a go, am not being unreasonable and have a right to be incrediably angry.
HOWEVER there's not a great deal he can do from a gp position. In his practice meeting he raised the issue and they all agreed that the nexzt thing to do was what he did.
He has sent all the letters and all my medical notes for this to my psychologist (lisa) who works at the same place as sheik. Hopefully she will see the problem and talk to sheik about it. I mean...it's quite obvious that I'm not getting the right treatment for the situation isn't it? The average person doesn't walk under a car so that they DON'T commit....maybe to try and commit but not so they DON'T!

My mother is INCREDAIBLY hopping spitting mad! I've never seen her so angry!

On other notes...I'm currently filing for incapacity and income support because I'm looking within the next 6 months to move out of home and move to Cambridge...yes my safe place. So I'm wallowing in a sea of forms and pondering why the deal with housing benefits seems to be....you find a place to live THEN we'll tell you how much money you get to pay for housing...smiley - erm

Post 2

U218534

Oh, Kat smiley - cuddlesmiley - cuddle

I could come and see you if you lived in Cambridge.

Have you tried phoning NHS Direct, to see if you can get in touch with another NHS psychiatry service (ie a different practice) who will take you on, and maybe have better doctors?

Post 3

Kat - From H2G2

You cant really do that Joe. You have to go through the GP. Also if the psychiatrist won't let me have a second opinion I'm not quite sure how I go about....getting the damn notes off of him!

Post 4

U218534

Oh... yes, that's true. Some things you can go and find yourself, but usually not psychiatry.

If you did get taken on somewhere else, though, they'd get your previous psychiatrist to pass your notes on. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Kat - From H2G2

well hopefully lisa will call me back this afternoon and I'll find out if there's anything she can do. However she often doesn't return calls so....

Post 6

hellboundforjoy

Hi Sweetie, sorry this continues to suck. smiley - hug Seems to me like you're doing everything possible to fix this. (although getting yerself runned over was perhaps ill-advised smiley - bigeyes) So I can't add much useful. More smiley - hugs

Post 7

John Luc

Post 8

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

smiley - hug

Post 9

U218534

What's happening, Kat?

Post 10

Kat - From H2G2

Im not sure. Im going to the psychologist tomorrow so hopefully she should have some answers. This is all such a load of wazz though! I mean you read those books right and theyre all by americans and so theres no section called "What to do if your psych is an arse and you hate them" because in america you can just up and pay someone else!

In other news...my last trip to cambridge was a complete failure because I got depressed and the "friend" couldnt deal with this and Im never allowed round there again...so my ways of finding a place to live in Cambridge are getting rather shakey. However Ive asked Nick to send me a local paper so maybe that will work.

On the scores of getting benefits...my momentum has gone and I've only filled out half of the income support one, and the incapacity one never even came! However Ive finished the DLA one so I guess Id better send that off some time.

Post 11

katkodl

Have you tried finding a flat with the help of the WWW? I was lucky finding one that way four years ago in Vienna. smiley - cheerup

katkodl smiley - blackcat

Post 12

Kat - From H2G2

yyyeeesssss.....im not certain I will now. Its a long story but I may want to stay in birmingham for the foreseen future. Ill know in January.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Kat - From H2G2

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more