This is the Message Centre for Denadar

Hiya, Denadar - you called?

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I'll be around for the next couple of hours or so (with a break while I listen to The Archers smiley - biggrin) - what do you want to know about h2g2? smiley - dontpanic

If I miss you this time, here are some articles you might find to be of interest to be going on with: C492smiley - magic

Post 2

Denadar

Hi Peet - thank you for getting back to me!!

It is more what I do know, which is literally almost nothing, rather than what do I want to know about h2g2. The main problem is that, like most of these IT sites, they seem to think that people know what they are doing and I certainly don't.

I'm a little tired now (and had a glass of wine - or 2 with my supper!!) and would love to ask sensible questions maybe tomorrow - if that is OK with you?

Thanks again,

Denadar

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

No problem. Just post your questions here and it'll show up on my h2g2 "Personal Space" next time I look in. smiley - cool

Post 4

Denadar

Hiya Peet,

A blast from the past smiley - cheers I spend a lot of time in the catch up thread on the Archers these days, I see grumps and Tatihou mentioned visiting Peets Place. Is this something to do with you? I am all agog? If it is may I visit too?

Post 5

Sure! It's a message board I set up when the BBC screwed around with their "Mustardland" back in 2005: http://www.paranormal.org.uk/mustardlandsmiley - spacesmiley - blacksheep

If you browse as a "Guest" it just looks a bit like an old-fashioned PHPBB messageboard, but if you take the time to register and log in you get the option to "Toggle Mode", allowing you to view the board in a style remarkably similar to the BBC's old "Howerd2" threaded system. (We call it "HowerdToo"... smiley - smiley)

Post 6

Denadar

You are definitely a smiley - star Peet - thank you

Post 7

Denadar

Hi Peet,

I thought I was beginning to understand hootoo(?) The more I think I know, the less I do. I thought I was going to edit my details/description which was cabbages and kings or something like that, I pressed a button and now I can't even find my original description of myself. Huh - when my brain stops hurting I'll ask for help please?

Post 8

"Cabbages, sealing wax and things like Food, Wine and Cats"?

It's up there now. The BBC have bouts of paranoia, and sometimes hide these things when you change them until someone has looked to check they aren't "rude"... smiley - erm

It's one of the few positive things about hootoo leaving the BBC that we should leave that sort of thing behind. smiley - doh

Key: Complain about this post