A Conversation for Trust

Faith

Post 1

Amanda

It could be faith...or would it be "trust"? I view the two in slightly different ways. If I have to rely on another living person for anything important (my health, happiness, safety) I tend to look at that as trust, whereas relying on the "unknown" (be it "God", the forces of nature, whatever) for assistance in a matter undertaken alone...well I regard that as faith.

Maybe that's only because I find it very difficult to "believe" in something I can't see, whether or not you view faith in a religious sense. On a long road trip, for instance, instead of having "faith" that the trip will go well I tend to "trust" my driving abilities, that everyone on the road isn't crazy and that the guy who put the new tires on my car knew what the heck he was doing.

But believe me, if the guy on the other end of the trapeze didn't get a good hold, I would suddenly become the most religious person in the whole world! smiley - smiley

Faith

Post 2

beeline

You're right, of course. I realised this yesterday, when I thought about it for a second or two... Changing it now...

Faith

Post 3

Amanda

Oh, well now...you didn't have to go and do all that! smiley - smiley

lol! Talk soon...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Trust

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more