This is the Message Centre for Pheroneous II

Oh dear

Post 1

Pheroneous II

It seems that I am to have an alter ego. I didn't want one. I wanted to return and peruse, but I tried to come back as I was but they have given me this new page. Coincidentally I seem to have an altered ego. I will be humble and quiet and probably absent most of the time, and dabbling a little in the workshop places.

A tortuous route has led me back via Barga and sundials. So, a polite nod to them. I wonder if Ben is still here? I'll go and have a look.

See you around perhaps.

Oh dear

Post 2

Witty Moniker

Wecome back, Pheroneous. It is nice to see you again.

Are you referring to A Girl Called Ben? She is using U500175 these days and is usually seen at Lil's Atelier, A304354. Lil is still here, of course, and the Atelier is one of only a few places still active from the old days.

Pardon my current name, many of us are wearing anagrams as Halloween costumes.

Witty Moniker

Oh dear

Post 3

Pheroneous II

Yes I was. I remembered quite liking agcBen. Thanks for the tip. I see Gnomon's gone too. He was the sundial reference. I mean I was reading something about sundials and remembered his name. And remembered h2g2 and ambled back.

And a big hello to you too! And you are right, I never would have recognised you wearing that costume!

Oh dear

Post 4

Witty Moniker

Ah yes, Gnomon. Quite possibly the smartest entity on the planet. It is unfortunate that some of the most interesting people could no longer put up with what has become of hootoo.

Munchkin is also among the absent. He, among others, has migrated to the world of blogs.

Oh dear

Post 5

Pheroneous II

I have yet to find out what hootoo is or was. Please explain. Gnomon was (or is) a splendidly clever soul lacking only a sense of the ridiculous. I have never quite understood or explored blogworld, though, of course, I wish munchkin as was every happiness there. More relevant perhaps is the fact that you are here and thriving - or so it seems. Looking as good as ever! Remembering the pre-BBC h2g2 it seems to me that the format and design predicted and perhaps even enabled much of what the interweb now offers eg facebook and blogworld. Never mind all that, you, for just one, are looking good even in disguise!

Oh dear

Post 6

Witty Moniker

smiley - blush Why thank you, sir. You are very kind.

>>>I have yet to find out what hootoo is or was. Please explain.

Doctoral theses could be written on the subject. From my simple point of view, the difference between 'was' and 'is' is the behavior of the italics, the official staff. They used to be part of the community, not only in the editorial function but also playing in the virtual world created here. Now, they are barely even present in the core area of creating the edited guide. There are only two of them left, maybe even only one. I don't even bother to keep track any more. All of the original staff is gone except for the techy guy, Jim Lynn. It's as if the place is on autopilot and the 'bots just keep it clean. In my opinion, that had a major affect on the character and charm of the place. There are little pockets of old timers here and there, Lil's Atelier is one of them.

By the way, Lil's is experiencing a little surge of newcomers at the moment. The Powers That Be started putting the busiest conversations on the front page again and that has attracted some new folk. This happens from time to time and it tends to cause crazy amounts of backlog and wilder topic drift than typical. Usually, many will find that the Salon is not their cup of smiley - tea and move on, but every now and then we add a real gem to the jewel box that is the Atelier. It would be lovely if you would join us in the main conversation.

Oh dear

Post 7

Pheroneous II

I like the "Sir". I am, as you see, smartly attired, and appreciate appreciation.

You know what, I don't care very much for or about hootoos. I think I will prefer to hang (in the modern parlance) with you. I shall accept your invitation tomorrow, or the day after, or soon anyway.

Oh dear

Post 8

Witty Moniker

Very well, then. I look forward to that. smiley - smiley

Oh dear

Post 9

Pheroneous II

Seeing as you know everything, any idea about another couple of old favourites Fragilis and Tefkat, both of whom seem to have disappeared. Unless, of course, you know different...

Oh dear

Post 10

Witty Moniker

*Looks up from election coverage.*

I'm not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. smiley - silly

I don't venture far from the Atelier these days. I do subscribe to Peet's journal and Tefkat used to post there from time to time. She hasn't in ages, though. Let me poke around...

Tefkat: U165416 Last journal posted in January 2006

Fragilis: U136122 Last jurnal posted May 2007 to announce she was leaving the site. Contact info is on her user page.

Oh dear

Post 11

Pheroneous II

Totally complimentary, you gorgeous creature. Wouldn't dream of insulting you, or anyone else come to that. This is the new improved Pheroneous.

Thanks for guidance.

P

Oh dear

Post 12

speciak

Nothings wrong with an ego. I have one and I'm amazing in every way. smiley - winkeye Just kidding, of course.

Oh dear

Post 13

Pheroneous II

I thought we all had one. Isn't it the id that varies??

I assume the point of "my Space" as here presented is to trumpet one's own blows, that's why it's "My" space and not yours!!

Anyway, you are very welcome to be as amazing as you want. I see you are fairly new, in this incarnation anyway, so, as they say in bad restaurants "Enjoy!"

Oh dear

Post 14

speciak

i have many alter egos...lol but yes, i am new...thanks for pointing that out. lolsmiley - erm

i think you should may your space the waya that suits you, if you're modest, make it modest, if youre flat out amazing so be it.smiley - cool

Oh dear

Post 15

Pheroneous II

Re: multi egos, I suspect you may need to up the medication a bit.

I am not sure how effective a weapon modesty may be on a public forum, stick with the amazing - if I may be permitted a word of advice.

Oh dear

Post 16

speciak

not matter how amazing, i keep my front page simple and to the point...no one reads it anyway. hahaha and yes, being modest on the internet acheives nothing.

sorry for my past typos i was in a hurry.
smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pheroneous II

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more