This is the Message Centre for justed

Farmyard Party

Post 1

justed

June 20-22 Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
This one has been running for many years and is a well-established event in the traditional style of turn up, pitch up and get wrecked.
Run by the Motorcycle Action Group, there is a strict no-car rule on site (although pre-bookers can get a pass for a car if it's for a disabled person but the car must be parked off-site in a designated area), bonfires are allowed (a rare thing in England these days at rallies) and is held in the most beautiful valley I've ever camped in, among the stunning North Yorkshire Moors surrounded by stunning roads (for those sober enough to enjoy a ride-out to on Saturday).
The view up the valley as dawn broke on Solstice morning (Saturday 21st) with the remnants of dozens of campfires was well worth the determination required to stay awake to witness it.
There was a comedy session for the site-dwellers on Saturday afternoon, although I prefer a comedian who can take a heckle, and doesn't look like he just crawled out of a petri-dish. Oh, and some funny material would have been an improvement too, a good idea though , just the same.
The bands were a mess, the music clashed, with two seperate tents having live music at the same time, but I don't go rallying to discuss the relative merits of a rock band and the overall 'noise' of the weekend was most excellent, although I don't consider it worth the £25 price tag on the ticket (the most expensive this year by far).
The beer was outrageously priced on site so we were glad we brought ours with us.
As a rally as long as it doesn't clash with Solstice, I might go again but otherwise I'll save my money and go to the Cowpat rally in Derbyshire, the following week.
This was my first rally on a solo bike after losing my leg, so it's definitely going to stay in my mind as a landmark event.

Key: Complain about this post

Farmyard Party

More Conversations for justed

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more