This is the Message Centre for Tacysa

Dogs.

Post 1

Tacysa

Saturday, we finished Grumpy. He is our first champion out of our own breeding. Ch. Spinaire's The Great Grumpster. Whoop!

Kamilla got a three-point major and placed Winner's Bitch on Saturday. Tavi went Reserve Winner's Bitch.

Today, Grumpy did absolutely nothing; he's retired, he's decided. :D Kamilla was a basket case; she really didn't want to be there and didn't want to show. I was in a frenzy because I had to show Tavi within five seconds of Kamilla. So, I got out with Tavi, grabbed Mila and was ripping armbands off and in a panic. That came through in my handling. Tavi won Winner's Bitch and Best of Winner's. That's a three-point major on a 9 month old pup. We were so proud and had a picture taken that probably came out horribly, but hey.

After that, we ran into an Airedale lady that we've known since we've had Nicky (thirteen years) and she told us to come see her babies. She had three puppies that she kept out of the litter. One was this gorgeous bitch that she wants to send to a show/working home because the dog is really way too nice to sit on a couch for the rest of her life. Anyway, she stuck her on the table and WOW. The coat is amazing for an adult dog, not to mention a baby-baby. Her rear is solid; her front is great; she's just an all-around gorgeous puppy.

I was talking to the puppy and doing touch up stripping (I'm a stripping freak and do damned nice finger stripping) and mom was telling Diana about my handling and my grooming stuff. Diana handed me the puppy and said, 'If you want her, she's yours. She's really too nice to send to a pet home. She needs to be shown; she needs to do agility.' Mom was tempted then and I gave her the puppy face. Diana had to leave right after that, so we went back to our setup and I groveled.

OMG, I want a puppy so badly. I want someone I can work with who will work FOR me. I will roll coat until I die, but aagh. Obviously, she won't be a replacement for Sherman, because it's a completely different breed and it's a girl. And Airedales aren't like Spinoni in the sense that they have a lot more mind to themselves. Sherman was my baby, he lived to make me happy, and loving him did more for me than anything else, so it's not a betrayal to him. I have really been at loose ends recently without a pal to take to the park every day or play with or train or cuddle with, and I need my dogs.

It's really a bad time to get a puppy with me going away to school next year but Diana lives extremely close to the school I'll be going to next semester, so I'd just board her there and I'd probably be at Diana's every few days and the weekends rolling coat, showing, and training so it wouldn't be a complete ditch.

Anyway, I got Debbie in on the matter and Debbie egged mama on. When maman went to get the van so we could break down and go home, she ran into Diana and we're going to Diana's next weekend. Diana told mom that, even if I didn't get the bitch, she'd like to further instruct me on the grooming aspect of things as well as do handling for her. smiley - biggrin I'm ecstatic, obviously.

Another lady at the show, another Airedale person, lost her dog recently and started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she told me her dog had died and this was the last show she'd shown Lola at. I started crying because this was the last show I'd shown Sherman at. People probably thought we were both mad, but it's nice to have someone who feels the same way you do about dogs once in awhile.

I'm kicking myself about not taking a picture of that puppy because she would absolutely melt anyone's heart. I so want to get her and there's a good chance.

Dogs.

Post 2

darakat - Now with pockets!

Re: Livejournal comment :D

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tacysa

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more