This is the Message Centre for Woman At Ears (Listen. Don't fight) A United Friend, RQGM, Member of the Ladies Circle

Wishes #1

Post 1

Woman At Ears (Listen. Don't fight) A United Friend, RQGM, Member of the Ladies Circle

I wish I had something really interesting to offer the comunity.
If I had a strange hobby, or was a person of great importance, for example, I could tell everyone one all sbout the clever things I did.
But, alas, I am ordinary. (smiley - erm whatever that is.)
I don't even have much contact with the real world, so no funny stories from there either.
Mind you, with so much spare time on my hands, perhaps there is something I can do, anyone with a suggestion can let me know.
(Please, please, try to keep it sensible, I want to help, not perform gymnastics, smiley - yikes or anything that makes me smiley - injured or, smiley - ill).

Wishes #1

Post 2

PenGwen: Benevolent Tyrant of Hebetude and Vivacity, Keeper of the Wonder Book of Useless Knowledge

I have a suggestion! Naturally I think it is a good one, or I wouldn't bother. smiley - biggrin

You could make quilts!

Making quilts can take a little or a lot of time, depending on what type of project you work on.

With thousands of patchwork and applique patterns, and countless fabric designs in an endless myriad of colors, your limitations are really only set by your own inventiveness.

While it is a tough way to make a living, you can sell them for profit (if you are so inclined). If your desire is to contribute to humanity, consider it as a form of art, painting with fabric (that's how I explain it to my 5 year old nephew smiley - smiley) if you will. And finally, as a more material offering, many people donate their quilts to charities for fund raisers.

There ya have it.

~P~

Wishes #1

Post 3

Woman At Ears (Listen. Don't fight) A United Friend, RQGM, Member of the Ladies Circle

Interesting! I had not expected anything like that, but it is a good idea smiley - smiley
I will find out more about this, and (If I don't stitch myself into one), will give the quilts to charity for sale.
Thankssmiley - smiley

smiley - orangefish

Wishes #1

Post 4

PenGwen: Benevolent Tyrant of Hebetude and Vivacity, Keeper of the Wonder Book of Useless Knowledge

There are tons of quilting links out there. I think it could be a little daunting. If you want help, or just to talk about ideas or whatever, let me know. It is one of my favorite hobbies, though I rarely get to enjoy the finished product. I always seem to give mine away, and never keep any for myself smiley - sadface

Anyway, if needed, I will help in any way possible.

BTW, do you ICQ?

Wishes #1

Post 5

Your help will be appreciated, I intend to get some info over the weekend, and then get started later next week, when I will have even more time on my hands than I do now smiley - sadface

Indeed I do ICQ. I will send my UIN with the email. smiley - smiley

smiley - orangefish

Wishes #1

Post 6

I haven't received mail from you. smiley - sadface Just wondering how the quilting search is going.

~PG~ smiley - footprints

Wishes #1

Post 7

Well that's MSN for you. smiley - grr

The search goes on there are, as you said a great many sites containing infr, I have ordered a couple of books, and have the intention of getting down to it some time later this month.

I'll resend that mail and hopefully you'll get it this time

Key: Complain about this post