This is the Message Centre for Byrnesnight from Spork

Beckham - thank God.. that's over

Post 1

Byrnesnight from Spork

I dont know about all the other football fans but I'm extremely relieved and delighted that David Beckham has left Manchester United and joined Real Madrid.

smiley - 2cents Its not because I have a dislike of Mr Beckham because I think he's an excellent football player and an inspirational England Captain. However the fact that the "rumour" of him leaving Manchester United was enough to obliterate the UK newspapers and media with pictures and speculation about him was outrageous.

I think the grandest thing through this whole episode was that it was quite obvious the media didn't have a clue about "what" was going on but just kept their rumour mill flying with tittle-tattle. And then after they'd almost convinced themselves that he would definitely leave and go to Barcelona he announces that he is to join Real Madrid.

Good on ya David Beckham. He never rose to the hype and hysteria the media were creating but just continued to comment as little as possible while he negotiated a new lucrative contract.

Shame on the media for wasting our time with what in the end was a non-event, that they didnt even get right, when there were "actual", important news-worthy stories around.

BFS smiley - spork

Key: Complain about this post

Beckham - thank God.. that's over

More Conversations for Byrnesnight from Spork

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more