This is the Message Centre for Byrnesnight from Spork

Welcome to h2g2, byrnesnight...

Post 1

Rho

*pulls up a chair* smiley - winkeye

Hello, I'm RhoMuNuQ!

Welcome to h2g2 and thanks for joining! smiley - biggrin

As you've recently joined h2g2, you might want to take a look at the <./>DontPanic</.> Help Centre or A719840 that give hints about how to use h2g2! smiley - ok

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask me! Just press the Reply button at the bottom of this message. smiley - smiley

Finally, if you want to see the page that another user wrote about themself, just click their name at the top of any of their postings!

I hope that helps! smiley - cake ... (Cake is one of the main currency units on h2g2 smiley - winkeye)
RhoMuNuQ {Ace, Guru}

Post 2

Byrnesnight from Spork

cheers Rho

I'll head over to "Dont Panic" now.
I've been looking for that button since I first logged on

Byrnesnight

Post 3

Rho

smiley - cheers

If you've got any questions, just fire away! smiley - smiley

RhoMuNuQ

Post 4

Byrnesnight from Spork

Hi Rho

Its Byrnesnight here.....a relatively new traveller amongst the rollercoaster ride that is H2G2.

I was just wondering if there is any way of seeing at a glance to which conversation or talk the most recent person has posted to.

I seem to often get involved in chats where either I've logged off for days or I miss getting a reply from somebody because they may log off just before I have replied.

It would be nice to see where an active chat was going on?

Yours, Byrnesnight from Spork.

Post 5

Rho

The most usual way to check on replies is to look at your personal space (U221544) where you can see a list of links to the most recent threads that you're subscribed to. You can see more threads by clicking "Show More Conversations" to go to <./>MP221544</.>. Even if there haven't been any postings to a thread for a few days doesn't mean that you can't 'revive' it by making another post! smiley - smiley

Alternatively, to see the last few threads posted to on h2g2, go to <./>info</.> - the page may be slow to load, but, when it does, there's a list at the bottom of the last threads that people posted to. smiley - ok

Finally, if you go to <./>askh2g2</.>, there's always a long list of threads that people have posted to in the past 10 minutes or less - you're bound to find one that you're interested in. smiley - biggrin

RhoMuNuQ

Post 6

Byrnesnight from Spork

Cheers Rho smiley - ale

and cheers once again smiley - ale

Byrnesnight from Spork smiley - spork

Post 7

Rho

No problem! smiley - biggrin

RhoMuNuQ

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Byrnesnight from Spork

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more