This is the Message Centre for Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Dentist! dat the Twentitooth

Post 1

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

So, today I was off to the dentist for a second time.

I did quite a lot of research before choosing this dentist, he is probably at the top end of dentists. It is a small practice, just the dentist, 2 hygienists and a receptionist. He doesn't do 'one off' treatments, he made this very clear before treating me. He has worked out a whole treatment plan for the next two years. He also allows payments in advance, so the bill doesn't come as such a shock smiley - laugh

He isn't cheap, but I feel ...not totally relaxed, but certainly I don't mind going, and I don't mind paying extra for that peace of mind.

I have another appt in February, to replace two aging fillings, I can see one is crumbling, the difference between the x-ray taken today, and the one 4 months ago, is clear to see.

And in June next year I will get a crown put on the tooth that got the root canal, normally that would have gone on today, but I have to wait 12 months before my health insurance will cover 40% of the cost,.

Then there will be a bridge to replace 2 missing teeth, which may entail the removal of a front tooth, that has drifted sideways into the gap, but thankfully, that is a long way from now.

Post 2

Deb

I have the dentist on Friday. I'm not a fan of dentists in general but mine is quite calming.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 3

Researcher 14993127

smiley - cat

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

My dentist treatments will stretch over a long period, too. Which reminds me that there is still a bill to pay. smiley - wah

Post 5

Ivan the Terribly Average

I need to find a new dentist. I went right off mine after he made lots of comments about aspects of my life that have nothing whatsoever to do with my teeth.

Post 6

hellboundforjoy

I need to find a dentist too. smiley - devil

Post 7

Ivan the Terribly Average

And when you find one, what are you going to do with that pitchfork?

Post 8

hellboundforjoy

Depends on what he/she wants to do to me. I haven't been for a while.

Post 9

You can call me TC

Everyone is rushing to get to the dentist before the end of the year (in Germany, you pay less premiums if you go at least once a year and get a stamp in your booklet to prove it)

My husband and I discovered by chance that he has an appointment on Monday at 9 am, and I have an appointment on the same day at 8 am. There'll be a fight over who gets to go by car and who has to go by bike, I expect. We're both having fillings done, so we may both need anaesthetics, too. Perhaps I'll fork out for a taxi.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more