This is the Message Centre for Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Safety Day the tenth

Post 1

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

So this week at work, it is 'Safety Week', there are little meetings throughout the day, talking about different safety things, from how to clean up an acid spill, to how to pick up boxes properly.

This evening there was an activity to do, and was staged at night to include the Replen team, something not usually done. Other team members also participated, the event was staged over 2 hours.

We gathered in the trade yard, and each had to pull out an 'injury' from a box, we then had to get our 'injury' attended, these ranged from being blindfolded if you got a blinding, getting a sling if your main hand/arm was injured, and getting a stick strapped up your back for a back injury.

We then had to proceed to attempt to do everyday things, such as washing up, chopping a vegetable, or mixing a cake....

Then it was on to potting a plant...

Then onto the fun ones..... trying to put on a bra (we sorta teamed up and helped each other),this was rather interesting as of course most of the blokes had no idea how to put on a bra, they have only ever tried getting them off smiley - laugh, there was also trying to put on a pullover shirt, and trying to get onto a bed to lie down.

And lastly we had to get into the forklift, this simulated getting into a vehicle and driving.

And then we got to have hamburgers smiley - biggrin

Once completed and signed off, you went into a draw for a $200 bbq (I didn't win, which is okay because, I have nowhere to put a bbq anyways)

And the point of this exercise?. To reinforce how an injury can impact on your normal life, so it is better to go safely about our work, and to think about how we do things, we want to send everyone home safely at the end of the night.

And this is one of the reasons I really like the company I work for, they don't just mouth platitudes about being safe, they actively encourage team members to be safe, and to help each other be safe.

And here ands the lesson.

smiley - cheers

Safety Day the tenth

Post 2

Researcher 14993127

*trips over mat on way in smiley - lurk * Lil does leave that lying about in some odd places. No thought for 'elf an safety. smiley - whistle

smiley - cat

Safety Day the tenth

Post 3

hellboundforjoy

Good for you all! Stay safe! smiley - devil

Safety Day the tenth

Post 4

Agapanthus

smiley - book

Safety Day the tenth

Post 5

Ivan the Terribly Average

I'm gald to hear your employer takes safety seriously. I mean, I've been in various places belonging to that company and there are any number of obvious hazards...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more