This is the Message Centre for Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Work! Day the Eighth

Post 1

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

I don't usually work Mondays, but since we had so much stock left over from last Friday, and I owe work some hours, I went in to do a short shift and help out.

Our work operates on us working a set amount of hours per year, in my case, it is 1976, this is divided into 26 fortnights and this is how much I get paid per fortnight (penalties are on top of this sum), if you don't work the right hours, then you 'owe' the company these hours, if you work more, then the company 'owes' you, and once a year they pay this out.

as it has been a quiet winter for stock and there have been times we have gone home early, I have been accruing 'owed' hours, so by going in today, I have now paid these hours back.

It was just lucky that my boss rang me to okay me going in before 3pm......I was going to be making my crumpets then, so no crumpets for me this week smiley - sadface

But at least now I am into the company 'owing' me, I try to keep the balance swayed to me so I get an extra little bonus at the end of the financial year smiley - smiley

and just as an offside, in the 6 hours I was there I managed to put away 3 pallets. I finished the 'Decor' (mops and brooms) Pallet from Friday, did a mixed house wares, security and bbq hotplates, and did a pallet of sandpaper sheets, and rolls, I felt very good walking out at 9pm

smiley - cheers

Work! Day the Eighth

Post 2

Researcher 14993127

Thats definitely the right way round, having the company owe you. smiley - biggrin

smiley - cat

Work! Day the Eighth

Post 3

Z

smiley - footprints

Work! Day the Eighth

Post 4

hellboundforjoy

smiley - goodluck keeping them owing you! smiley - devil

Work! Day the Eighth

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

It's a lot less stressful if the companies owes you, so smiley - goodluck with keeping the balance (in your favour). smiley - smiley

Work! Day the Eighth

Post 6

Deb

smiley - cheerup

Work! Day the Eighth

Post 7

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - redwine

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more