This is the Message Centre for Classic Krissy

No Subject

Post 1

Jonny

Hi Krissy, just thought I'd stop by since I've been kind of tongue-tied of late and not said anything to anyone.

I hope that you sort out your move over to London to be with Andy soon.

Um, that's about it really. I've tried poking myself with sharp sticks to provoke my mind into action but I'm beginning to suspect that the tedium of work has finally killed it.

Thanks Jonny :-)

Post 2

Classic Krissy

I'm sure that we'll figure everything out. I can't wait to move over. I was projecting 8 months, but I think that if I save and save I might be able to squash it down to 6, which is FAR more palatable.

We have the rest of our lives, and I want 'em to start NOW!

It was really weird. Two days ago I had everything I ever wanted.... I want it back. And, as you know, I can be a pretty demanding person. smiley - smiley

It's all going to be great!

When do you think you'll get back over to the states?

Post 3

Jonny

6 months certainly sounds more paletable, arriving in summer rather than beginning of autumn! I assume you're going to see each other between now and then?

Not sure whether I'm going to head back to America, even though I I'd prefer to live in California thare are too many reasons to stay over here. If things had worked out between me and my ex then it would have tipped the balance. I can really see why DNA wanted to move his family out of London to Santa Barbara.

Post 4

Classic Krissy

I don't know if I'm going to get to see him between now and then. We have to save up, both of us, to get me over there, and any time off work for him is a time without making dough, and tickets are expensive. We're going to go through a tough time of not talking on the phone much and not travelling at all so that we can get me over there.

Remember, once I'm over there we're going to want to fix up the flat, buy new furnature, do all that kind of thing. Since we met, we've been spending spending spending. It's time to save. I'll give up a visit or two so I can get over there quicker, you know?

But for awhile I'm going to have to live like a pauper.

Post 5

Classic Krissy

Not that I mind it, you understand smiley - smiley

And by the way, you and I are two VERY different people. I don't think I could ever live in Cali. Nice place to visit, but I would HATE to live there.

Post 6

Jonny

San Jose's really not a nice place to visit, but I woulnd't mind living there because there are plenty of places to go and see from there. It's all a taste thing, London scores on the "lot's going on" front and San Jose scores on the "nice place to raise the kids" front. Definitely London's the place to be now that I'm single again!

It must be difficult to ration the 'phone calls but, as you kind of said, 6 months is fairly insignificant over a lifetime.

Post 7

Classic Krissy

Yeah. I don't know what Andy and I are going to do when kids show up. With him being a musician and all, being in close proximity to the city is vital.

I've decided not to worry about it. smiley - smiley

YAY!

Post 8

Jonny

That's the attitude! smiley - winkeye

Of course it's only my opinion that London's not a good place to raise a family, other people seem to disagree - judging by the fact that there are plenty of kids around. As you've already observed, you and I seem to have very different views on certain things!

Post 9

Classic Krissy

Yeah,

I think Andy would probably like it if our kids went to the schools he did. He acts like a very "modern musician" kind of guy, but really he loves old-fashioned stuff.

The nice thing is that he'll be at home during the day a lot (working in the evenings and all) and I'll be able to take over at night. His mum also lives just around the corner (15 mins away by car) and I'm SURE she'll want to help care for the boogers.

I think it's gonna be great. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Classic Krissy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more